Nerd Topic Concerning Anime

Started by Hakudamashi, July 31, 2014, 05:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

It seems to me that nowadays, anime has become distant from "nerd culture".

Back in the time of my high school days, when Toonami was a big thing, all the socially rejected nerd people talked about all the nerd things, the comics n' the cartoons, n' the video games, n' the movies, n' the anime, we talked about all the things.

But nowadays, it looks like where "nerd culture" is concerned, they talk about the video games, n' the comics, n' the movies, n' the cartoons, but not so much anime, if at all. As if anime at some point became it's own entity separate from being a nerd thing somewhere along the way.

Does it seem like this to anyone else? Or is it just me?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Actually, I think the reverse has happened. Back in the day (the 90s) it was fairly common for non-nerds to watch anime like Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon, but nowadays the only anime that non-nerdy people watch is stuff made to sell toys to kids like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. Anime has become much closer to nerd culture over the years. Maybe your friends just aren't as nerdy as you.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 31, 2014, 07:36:47 AM
Maybe your friends just aren't as nerdy as you.
You're probably right, maybe I'm just not finding other people of same "nerd level" that are interested in all the things.
That includes people on Youtube.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 31, 2014, 08:10:49 AM
You're probably right, maybe I'm just not finding other people of same "nerd level" that are interested in all the things.
That includes people on Youtube.

That's what the internet is for. Join a super-nerdy discussion board.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay