Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 02, 2014, 07:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

I tried the demo.

It's actually pretty awesome, much to my shock.

Tho it does get me thinking why there's never been an attempt at a Metroidvania game with Knuckles.
He's a supposed treasure hunter that can glide, dig, and climb walls(he does none of these in this game) which sounds perfect for an exploration game.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

This game seems to be the first game chronologically, as well as the the better version of the game.

...just let that sink in for a moment.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

BoomBeep

I didn't watch the video because I'm very particular about spoilers, but I will say right now that I guess it's just because it's separate companies making the games. I don't have an opinion yet (though I'll be biased towards the Wii U version, admittedly) because I haven't played them (I'm getting both today however), but perhaps Sanzaru was just flat-out better than BigRedButton...

Hakudamashi

This game is alot better than I expected ^-^

You only really need to bother with the exploring Metroidvania aspect once, after that, you can play the stages like any other Sonic game.

I think it blends both styles pretty darn well.

So yeah, took me 2 days, but I just beat this, and had a very fun time.
8/10, totally recommend, but maybe not at full price, cause the game is pretty darn short.
Cause those 2 days were to complete it and get the... thing Eli posted for completing the game, not counting token collecting to get all the "toys".

I mean the money you coulda used to buy this you can use to buy Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and Risky's Revenge, which would last longer, assuming you're the kinda guy that pours all that attention to length.

Personally, The question isn't how long did it take to beat, but rather, would I play it again? And that is a definite yes.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

I can also spend 100+ hours replaying this game.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

People said I wouldn't play Sonic Lost World(Wii U), Colours(Wii), Generations for several hours either.

And look at me now.
Well you can't cause you can't see my collective hours of any of those games.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay