Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 02, 2014, 07:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

We're excited to unleash an all-new Sonic the Hedgehog at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles with the debut of playable versions of new titles exclusively for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The new games Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for the Wii U system, developed by Los Angeles-based Big Red Button, and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal for the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, from San Francisco-based Sanzaru Games, will introduce new gameplay and the most vile and formidable villain in Sonic history — Lyric.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric will deliver a different experience than past titles. The detailed levels and emphasis on each character's unique abilities will showcase the distinctive feel of an action- adventure game, giving players more choice in exploration as they work as a team to stop the deadly snake-like ancient villain, Lyric, before he can power up his army. The gameplay will challenge players with over-the-top speed runs, but the heart of the game will focus on intense combat and brand-new abilities including the Enerbeam. This new feature in the game gives players an energy-charged cord that can be used by characters to navigate the world like never before. Players will be able to swing or zip-line across gaps, explore alternate paths, grab and throw enemies and take away their shields in combat.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric will also feature CRYENGINE®, the cutting-edge 3D game technology from Crytek, one of the leading innovators in the industry. As the very first Wii U game to incorporate this technology, the lush environments and landscapes within the game will be visually enhanced like never before.

In both games, Sonic and friends – Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and the newest member of the team, Sticks, will work together as they face their most powerful enemy yet. Lyric is a giant and monstrous snake-like creature from an ancient race. An extremely tech-savvy mastermind who uses a sophisticated robotic body of armor to carry out his own nefarious deeds, he is a formidable enemy and a force to be reckoned with. With a strong emphasis on collaboration, the roles of Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks, will be elevated in gameplay that capitalizes on each character's unique talents and abilities. The goal is to prevent Lyric from powering his army of robots and carrying out his plan to destroy the world. The stakes have never been higher, and the only chance to overcome Lyric is to band together and work as a team.

Screens
http://puu.sh/9c6Xy/b0b5bb35df.jpg
CG Render
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/23/1401727781-sonic-boom.jpg
Lyric
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/23/1401727492-lyric.jpg

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Sounds like Sonic Heroes 2 or something.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Well it looks better than the 3DS version and I love their sense of humor. That being said, though, I'm not Tomodachi Life levels of excited for this. I might rent it if I get the chance or it it somehow really sways me over.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

So it's Jak and Daxter with the occasional Sonic segments... ok then.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

It's clearly more Jak and Daxter inspired, there are no hallways.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

You say that like it's a bad thing, Haku.

Hakudamashi

Whether it's a bad thing or not we'll just have to wait and see.

but it does however make me cautious.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on June 08, 2014, 04:27:10 PM
Kids also dig sandcastles.
I'm sorry Elijah but the word we were looking for was, "holes".

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I think I can beat the game in a week.

I did beat Lost World 3DS in one sitting after all.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 24, 2014, 10:37:15 AM
I did beat Lost World 3DS in one sitting after all.
You masochist.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 30, 2014, 07:24:32 PM
You masochist.
It's more like it was soo bad, that I knew that if I put it down for whatever reason, I would never go back to it.
And I ain't gonna allow there to be another Sanic game I've played and haven't beaten >=U
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Difference between effort and cash grab I guess.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay