What Shows Deserve the PPGZ Treatment?

Started by jkid101094, April 27, 2014, 12:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So I've recently been baby sitting my sister a lot. Naturally this led me to find out the most interesting thing we could do for long periods of time without using much energy. Well, we also recently got AT&T U-Verse which means Savannah has been watching boatloads of cartoons. It didn't take long for her to get me back into Spongebob on Nickelodeon but...I've actually been enjoying it way too much. I've actually gone out of my way to catch episodes of it on TV with or without her, even though I haven't watched anime in ages (the last one I got invested in was Shojo Cosette). Well Spongebob isn't the only think still on from when I was a kid. I just came out of a three-hour long marathon of old Fairly Odd Parents episodes and remembered why I enjoyed these shows back when I was a kid. Tonight I even dug through the wiki and started watching select episodes that interested me.

Well being the borderline pervert I am I started noticing that some of the characters are...kind of attractive...for western standards, anyway. Nothing like Selphy levels of adorable but still cute. So it got me wondering if there were any anime incarnations of the characters.

That being good enough for me it also jogged my memory of Powerpuff Girls Z. You know, the anime re-imagining the series got awhile back?

It's a very interesting concept to me. Lord knows we've butchered enough Japanese works (*cough*DragonBallEvolution*cough*) but this seems really good. Maybe not incredible true to the original but still good in it's own right.

So that got me thinking: what, if any, western properties would you like to see re-imagined like Powrpuff Girls Z was? I figure TGN already has a solid opinion about this but what about you other guys? Wind? Elijah? Kyo? 

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I want an anime Xiaolin Showdown, just so I can hear someone go "oraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraora"
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

I wouldnt call it a re-imagining per-se, but it happens more often than you think that western work gets adapted into anime and/or movies.
A lot of more "serious" shows get outsourced for production to Japan e.g Legend of Korra, Boondocks, Spawn, etc. in the first place

But you're talking anime adaptions of western works...

There's things like the anime adaption of Supernatural

Highlander

The Halo Anime (Whose Episode range from actually amazing to awful)

Ultraviolet

Um, Heidi, Girl of the Alps...

Peter Pan

The Count of Monte Cristo has an anime adaption...

Tales from Earthsea has an anime adaption from Ghilbli

Jungle Book

and of course... STARSHIP TROOPERS!

I love that opening.

There's also the Mass Effect Anime, Dragon Age Anime as well as Dead Space Anime.
I dont know a lot about those, but I think its the same production company for all and the Dead Space Anime was crap so I didnt bother with the rest. Same goes for recent japanese adaptions of marvel comics. They're all awful, aside from maybe Iron Man.

DC, again, got the better end with Batman: Gotham Knight.

But you're asking what I want see adapted into Anime...
I'd honestly have to say Scott Pilgrim vs the World and probably the upcoming Edge of Tomorrow Movie.

SmashFinale

i enjoyed X-Men Anime...
Wolverine Anime i hated though.
I never got a chance to see Iron Man anime aside from the first episode.

I thought DragonBall Evolution was made in China?

And i would love to see what Japan would do with Deadpool aside from MvC3.

Post Merge: April 27, 2014, 05:20:42 PM

oh, and Samurai Jack

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 27, 2014, 10:19:38 AM
I thought DragonBall Evolution was made in China?

It was mainly a US Production, though some Hong Kong-Cinema guys were involved.
The entire thing was filmed in Mexico.

Hakudamashi

I wanna see anime Camp Lazlo
It'll be Nichijou, but furry.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 27, 2014, 09:50:38 AM
I wouldnt call it a re-imagining per-se, but it happens more often than you think that western work gets adapted into anime and/or movies.
A lot of more "serious" shows get outsourced for production to Japan e.g Legend of Korra, Boondocks, Spawn, etc. in the first place

But you're talking anime adaptions of western works...

There's things like the anime adaption of Supernatural

Highlander

The Halo Anime (Whose Episode range from actually amazing to awful)

Ultraviolet

Um, Heidi, Girl of the Alps...

Peter Pan

The Count of Monte Cristo has an anime adaption...

Tales from Earthsea has an anime adaption from Ghilbli

Jungle Book

and of course... STARSHIP TROOPERS!

I love that opening.

There's also the Mass Effect Anime, Dragon Age Anime as well as Dead Space Anime.
I dont know a lot about those, but I think its the same production company for all and the Dead Space Anime was crap so I didnt bother with the rest. Same goes for recent japanese adaptions of marvel comics. They're all awful, aside from maybe Iron Man.

DC, again, got the better end with Batman: Gotham Knight.

But you're asking what I want see adapted into Anime...
I'd honestly have to say Scott Pilgrim vs the World and probably the upcoming Edge of Tomorrow Movie.

Holy shit, that's a lot. I was thinking more along the lines of Cartoons, though I'd be all for a Smallvile adaptation if we get a cover of the opening.

Also how have none of you said Danny Phantom yet? I figured he'd be the first thing to pop up here.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

What about Gargoyles? Remember that show? Huh?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay