Favourite music from games that nobody has ever heard of

Started by Elija2, March 04, 2014, 03:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

My last topic about music didn't do so good because apparently nobody else here listens to music that isn't from video games. So I decided to make a topic about video game music so that some of you can actually contribute, but I don't want you all posting music from Mario or Final Fantasy or stuff that everyone's heard already. So the rules are that the music has to be from a game that not many people have played (it doesn't have to be a super-obscure game so I guess the topic title is kinda lying) and it has to be music made specifically for that game (no licensed tracks, duh). And guess what, I won't even post any music from Jet Set Radio (because I'd end up posting the entire soundtrack).

First up is ActRaiser for the SNES. It's a pretty cool God sim with neat action stages, but the game also has really rad music. The music in the game was composed by Yuzo Koshiro who is fairly well known for being an awesome video game music composer. I could post all of the songs from the game since they're all good, but I'll leave you with just one example:

Next is Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn. Despite being critically acclaimed, the game is quite rare and I guarantee none of you have played it. Well, neither have I but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the awesome music. This song is so good it literally gives me chills:

So now its your turn. You guys better post something, goddammit. Although maybe I picked a bad time to make this topic since it seems like many members are absent for whatever reason.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

TheGameNinja

Hakudamashi

This game's soundtrack OMG.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Now for one I doubt any of you kids have heard of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2iqNAIkNws&list=PL40F20B9BB6817082
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEOidP9oG1c&list=PL40F20B9BB6817082

This needs a sequel so badly it's not even funny.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I've been playing through Ys: The Oath in Felghana which is a remake of Ys III and the music is really good. Like damn, I'm surprised these games don't get mentioned more for their good music.

Elija2

Has anyone else here played any of the Rhythm Heaven games? I know they're not totally obscure games but I rarely see them brought up. I've only played the DS game but it has a lot of really catchy tunes. Here are some of them:

shadowDOESrock

Elija2

My favourite song in Vib-Ribbon is Nookie by Limp Biskit.

shadowDOESrock

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on November 23, 2014, 02:12:11 PM
why would you do that

Why the fuck would I listen to that gay-ass Japanese garbage when I can listen to my KoЯn CDs?

sonikirby

every song from space channel 5 part 1 and 2, and tthe billy hatcher ost

lozphx

Rock club / Leo's Palace

Scott Pilgrim vs the World: the Game