Semi-Official Sonic Zone Pokemon Ruleset

Started by jkid101094, February 13, 2014, 10:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So most people turn to Smogon for their metagame rule sets but I think we know our players enough that we can decide on a rule set that plays to everyone's tastes. So I'm going to lay down an outline based on the GBU rule set and we can easily go from there. Keep in mind this is for competitive matches only. Anything goes in friendlies.

Rules:

• Sleep Clause is not enforced.
  • Evasion Clause is not enforced.
  • Having a Pokemon with Swift Swim and Drizzle on the same team is allowed.
  • The Moody ability is allowed.
  • The Shadow Tag ability is allowed.
  • If all players final Pokemon are KO'd by Selfdestruct, Explosion or a move that would otherwise cause the user to faint without recoil, the user of that move loses. In a four-way battle if this occurs the last Pokemon to faint wins (the order Pokemon faint in depends on their speed).
  • If all players final Pokemon faint due to a move that causes recoil or Life Orb damage, the user of that move is the winner.
  • A player may not use two Pokemon with the same National Pokedex number on any given team. This rule does not apply if said Pokemon is under the control of two separate players.
  • Two Pokemon on any given team may not have the same hold item. This rule does not apply if said Pokemon is under the control of two separate players.

List of Banned Pokemon:

• Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Celebi
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Regigigas
  • Giratina
  • Cresselia
  • Manaphy
  • Darkrai
  • Shaymin
  • Arceus
  • Victini
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem
  • Keldeo
  • Meloetta
  • Genesect
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde
  • Diancie
  • Volcanion
  • Hoopa

*Please note that legendaries missing from this list are not accidental.*

If there are any rules you would like added to this list, feel free to suggest them below. I will consider any and all feedback.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTS

I think we should enforce the sleep clause tbh. At least in singles anyway since spores 100% rate can be too easily abused with the guaranteed 1 round of sleep.

I also don't think all those pokes need banned but i won't miss them that much.

jkid101094

Quote from: NiGHTS on February 13, 2014, 11:05:54 AM
I think we should enforce the sleep clause tbh. At least in singles anyway since spores 100% rate can be too easily abused with the guaranteed 1 round of sleep.

I also don't think all those pokes need banned but i won't miss them that much.
I was going off the Battle Facilities. Feel free to suggest Pokemon you want to be legal.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTS

I would list victini celebi jirachi mew latios and latias.

Though I would understand if you want to keep latios banned since it is the king right now in terms of special sweepers.

Also what are our stances on some of the non legendary "ubers"?

I have no problem with letting them all through since they all currently have counters and checks. I'll leave them up to you guys.

jkid101094

Ubers are totally OK. They're there for the same reason as Evasion Clause, to be more in line with the GBU.

Quote from: NiGHTS on February 13, 2014, 11:12:03 AM
I would list victini celebi jirachi mew latios and latias.
I wanted to unban them but I knew Mew was way too good in terms of move sets. I didn't know much about Victini and Celebi outside of them being the Mews of their generations so I kept them on the list just to be safe.

I hear Jirachi is really OP, though we can let him go and just see how he fairs.

As for Latios and Latias I have the same beef with them as Jirachi but I'm willing to give them a shot as well.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTS

as long as we keep soul dew out latios and latias should be manageable

Hakudamashi

To hell with your rules, I'll use Mewtwo if I want >=U
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Not unless you tell me before we start playing, you fucking fruitcake.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.