Elija2 recommends some manga

Started by Elija2, February 10, 2014, 07:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

The Music of Marie (Marie no Kanaderu Ongaku)
This manga is set in a perfect utopia with primitive technology and stars two friends, Kai and Pipi. Kai has the ability to hear the music of the goddess Marie whose melodies bring peace to the world. Pipi is in love with Kai but she is shocked when she finds out that Kai has somehow fallen in love with the goddess.

The story has some really good twists and the world is expertly crafted with likeable characters. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Elija2

Uzumaki
A horror manga involving spirals. It does a good job at crafting a creepy atmosphere and I recommend it if you're interested in unsettling stories. 

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 18, 2014, 03:57:00 PM
Uzumaki is a horror manga involving spirals. It does a good job at crafting a creepy atmosphere and I recommend it if you're interested in unsettling stories. 

That not a doujin.
That's a full-fledged published manga series.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on August 18, 2014, 03:57:00 PM
Uzumaki is a horror manga involving spirals. It does a good job at crafting a creepy atmosphere and I recommend it if you're interested in unsettling stories. 
What kind of spirals?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 18, 2014, 05:14:38 PM
That not a doujin.
That's a full-fledged published manga series.

I don't really care about the "doujin" part of the title, I'm just recommending any manga I like.

Actually, if you could change the thread title to "Elija2 recommends some manga" that would be great.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 18, 2014, 05:22:20 PM
What kind of spirals?

All kinds of spirals.

shadowDOESrock

Faggot Elija2 recommends some manga

Elija2

Elija2

Hey Haku, I saw the Onani Master Kurosawa thread you made on that other forum. So you loved that manga but you don't feel like reading any of the other ones that I recommended?

shadowDOESrock

So, uh, how's that Uzumaki? I keep seeing it in my local book store and I, like, just look at the cover and then buy the newest volume of Bleach.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on September 15, 2014, 03:11:34 PM
Hey Haku, I saw the Onani Master Kurosawa thread you made on that other forum. So you loved that manga but you don't feel like reading any of the other ones that I recommended?
The reason I'm not reading them is not cause I'm not interested.

Let's just say Onani Master came at a right time.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 15, 2014, 11:57:02 PM
So, uh, how's that Uzumaki? I keep seeing it in my local book store and I, like, just look at the cover and then buy the newest volume of Bleach.

It's pretty good. Think of it as a collection of creepy short stories (at least until near the end, but the ending itself is kind of unsatisfying) with the same characters. If that sounds interesting to you, give it a read. You're guaranteed to like it more than the latest volume of Bleach.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 16, 2014, 03:06:48 AM
Let's just say Onani Master came at a right time.

Yeah, I'm sure he did.

But what if you read a manga and end up liking it as much as Onani Master? I mean come on, some of the manga that I recommended are only one volume long. And it's not like I'm recommending whatever shitty hentai I can find. If you do end up absolutely hating it, that's only like an hour down the drain.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 05:36:29 AM
But what if you read a manga and end up liking it as much as Onani Master? I mean come on, some of the manga that I recommended are only one volume long. And it's not like I'm recommending whatever shitty hentai I can find. If you do end up absolutely hating it, that's only like an hour down the drain.
I'm not disputing that I'm gonna love or hate it, that's not the issue here.

The issue is more along the side of placement of manga on my list of priorities at this moment in time.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 16, 2014, 05:54:47 AM
I'm not disputing that I'm gonna love or hate it, that's not the issue here.

The issue is more along the side of placement of manga on my list of priorities at this moment in time.

But posting about manga on an internet forum is pretty high on your list of priorities, it seems.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 05:59:15 AM
But posting about manga on an internet forum is pretty high on your list of priorities, it seems.
Because this is being done on a 2nd monitor and only takes a few seconds to do, so I can do this while I fill out these application forms and other things.

If I'm gonna read a manga, I want to focus on it so I don't miss any details.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Well, I hope that some day soon you'll take the time to read through one of the manga that I recommended and post your thoughts about it. Until more of you guys do that, I think I'll stop reading for a bit.

Just as soon as I finish Saturn Apartments.