Elija2 recommends some manga

Started by Elija2, February 10, 2014, 07:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Are you mad because the main character didn't get with his "soulmate"? Because that's the whole point.

Hakudamashi

I don't care about who he ended up with, what pissed me off was this stupid wank of a man sulking over the decisions he made.

And also stupid love triangle, or love octagon, whatever the fuck, there's no faster way to get me to not care about your material than throwing in a bunch of love interests and nobody doing anything about it
There's only so many "I'm gonna confess, then I won't" that I can stand.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

There's like 3 love interests over 3 different periods of his life. The manga spans from Takaki's childhood to his adulthood. Of course he's gonna have multiple love interests over that span of time, and of course not all of them are gonna work out. I mean, the only reason he didn't get with Akari is because she moved away when they were young, and Takari wasn't ever in love with Kanae. And Takari did actually start dating Risa, but it just didn't work out. None of these scenarios involved two people being unable to confess their love to each other.

Hakudamashi

Except when they did...
Takari, more than once, wrote a letter to say he loves Akari, but then he threw it away, at least they kissed...

And Kanae was going to try to confess, but then she didn't cause reasons.

But the main problem I have with it is Takari, jesus christ he sulked the entire time he was away from Akari and it was just annoying to read, and he never got any better.

It's not like Masturbation Master Kurosawa, where Kurosawa eventually owned up to the decisions he made and moved the fuck on.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I take that kiss as a love confession between the two of them.

Kanae tried hard to confess but eventually she realized that Takaki didn't share feelings for her so there was no point in doing so.

That was the point. Takari couldn't stop living in the past, but in the end he finally began to move on.

Hakudamashi

I understand that's the point.
I'm explaining to you that I didn't like it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree about this one.

Hakudamashi

Well I just finished Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms

The first part with Minami reminded me of the XXX Holic episode of the girl who could not accept happiness, which I liked a lot

And the other 2 parts are well placed with very likeable people, and it was very pleasant to read indeed, no pointless drama crap like the last 2 things I read.

8/10
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Goddamnit, now I really have to read more manga before you go through my entire list!

I ain't complaining though!

Hakudamashi

Or you could watch some anime that I recommend

Y'know, if you want.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Well I am, but anime takes a lot longer to get through than the manga I recommended.

Hakudamashi

Uzumaki

Nicely paced, interesting short stories, genuinely creepy and unsettling.

Kirie cuts her hair
0/10
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2