Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: Bom on August 29, 2014, 03:17:05 PM
c:

for some cool music:

for some feely/emotional music:

for some danceable music:

and some more c:

Why am I not surprised these are all K-pop bands?

Elija2

The Zombies are a band that originally formed in 1962 but broke up in 1968 after not being very successful. However, they have since gained a cult following which motivated them to reunited in 1990 and release a couple of new albums. Those new albums were pretty mediocre, but that doesn't matter. What matters is their '60s output which is great.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Chappie is a persona pop artist, kinda like Hatsune Miku except the singers are all real people. The Chappie character itself is unisex (although it seems like mostly female artists do the voice) and takes on many different clothing and hair styles. Some of the other artists I posted about previously contributed Chappie songs like Guitar Vader, Cecil, and Makoto Kawamoto. It's kinda fascinating that some of my favourite Japanese artists contributed to the same project.

(I already posted this one as a Guitar Vader song but it deserves to be posted twice)
(this one is a cover by a different band because I couldn't find the original on Youtube)

jkid101094

F.I.R.

Heard the new Dragonball Heroes theme and started looking for bands with both male and female vocalists. I then somehow ended up here; not that I'm complaining.

Also really wish someone would get on fixing YouTube links on the forum.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 05, 2015, 06:49:50 PM
Also really wish someone would get on fixing YouTube links on the forum.

Tell John and maybe he'll get it done this year.

jkid101094

Was commenting on the band too much effort? :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 05, 2015, 06:55:54 PM
Was commenting on the band too much effort? :P

Yes because nobody ever commented on any of my bands. >:[

But I did listen to the song you linked to and it was okay I guess. If there's supposed to be a male vocalist on that song, I can barely hear him.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on March 05, 2015, 07:03:04 PM
If there's supposed to be a male vocalist on that song, I can barely hear him.
Neither did I, but that was the only problem I had with it.

Also this is that new theme for anyone that cares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28wNVuyB5M8&feature=youtu.be

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

American Spring were a '70s female pop duo who only put out a single album before breaking up. The album was produced by Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys (since he was married to one of the girls in the band) and most of the songs are covers of songs by the Beach Boys or other artists. There's still some original material in there, and the album as a whole is pretty good.

AlanSkechUlti

jkid101094

Fighting the problems of the 3DS to tell you pansies of Blind Gaurdian which is quite honestly one of the best bands I've found in awhile. Nightfall's chorus sold me on them alone.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Scandal are an all-girls Japanese rock band that formed when all of the members were still teenagers. Apparently they're pretty popular in Japan, but I live in Canada so they totally still count as obscure here. I first discovered them when I found out that their manager also helped with the production of Guitar Vader's later albums, and Guitar Vader are one of my favourite bands ever so I figured I'd give Scandal a shot. Well, I was probably misguided to think that Scandal would be anywhere near as good as Guitar Vader just because they shared a manager, but I still like a bunch of their songs.

Elija2

Flipper's Guitar were a Japanese duo who helped pioneer the Shibuya-kei genre. Their music certainly sounds very modern compared to other music that came out in the late '80s and early '90s. Good music to chill out to.

NiGHTSfan

my favorite bands are N.W.A, the offspring, and the ozark mountain daredevils