Favourite bands that nobody has ever heard of

Started by Elija2, February 04, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ye Olde Swagfag

Hakudamashi

Everyone knows Skrillex tho...
For better or worse.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ye Olde Swagfag

But honestly?

I don't really have a favorite band. I never really listened to music that much when I was a child.

Elija2

Quote from: LeaflameSD64 on March 27, 2014, 06:33:23 AM
But honestly?

I don't really have a favorite band. I never really listened to music that much when I was a child.

Well even if you don't have a favourite band, do you at least have a favourite song from an obscure artist?

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: Elija2 on March 27, 2014, 07:36:58 AM
Well even if you don't have a favourite band, do you at least have a favourite song from an obscure artist?
Sung by Russians

jkid101094

What the fuck.

Why is the 007 theme in the-I don't even.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Here's another one. These guys weren't even in a Jet Set Radio game so I don't know where I heard them from. Their band name is OK so it's incredibly hard to find any of their stuff. I think they briefly changed their name to Flying Car Company which is an even worse name.

Hakudamashi

I dunno if "soothing" is the right word to use, but I really like this band's stuff, so thanks for that.

I dunno how well known this guy is, seeing that this song was in a popular cartoon, but I dun see much people talk about him, so here's my pick

This Voltaire guy makes some pretty enjoyably creepy stuff.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on April 05, 2014, 06:30:31 PM
I dunno if "soothing" is the right word to use, but I really like this band's stuff, so thanks for that.
Good, I was hoping that this thread would help people discover new bands that they like. Here are a few more songs by that band.

Here's another band that appeared in JSRF, bis. They're kinda a guilty pleasure of mine because their early stuff is sorta bubblegum pop-ish and that's their only stuff that I like. They broke up years ago but apparently they're back together and coming out with a new album.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Well, bubblegum pop isn't exactly accurate when describing bis.

Elija2

Well at least now I can double post without this one being merged with my last one.

The Fratellis had a song that appeared in an iPod commercial, but besides that I don't think they're too well known. Their albums have gone downhill since their first one though.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on April 14, 2014, 09:09:59 AM
Their albums have gone downhill since their first one though.
That seems to be a thing with artists these days.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on April 05, 2014, 06:30:31 PM
This Voltaire guy makes some pretty enjoyably creepy stuff.
Did I get you into him? This was the song that did it for me:

But this has to be my favorite song he's ever done:

Disregarding that, however, I just recently stumbled upon this and loved it. I doubt she counts as a band but this has got to be one of, if not my absolute, favorite genre of music. I wish it had a name.

So soothing~

I wish there was a better recording, though. This seems to be the only one...

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I discovered Makoto Kawamoto after I found out that she collaborated with Guitar Vader, one of the bands I posted in the OP. The song that they collaborated on was a rock song though, and I was surprised to learn that all of her other songs are pop songs. For whatever reason though I still really like her stuff. She's most known for doing the opening theme for the Rurouni Kenshin anime. I figured I'd post this since jkid might like her stuff.