Favourite bands that nobody has ever heard of

Started by Elija2, February 04, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

In this thread lets post songs from obscure bands that we love.

The two bands I'll be posting have one thing in common: their music was featured in Jet Set Radio Future! Actually, I discovered many of my favourite bands through the Jet Set Radio games in some way, either by having a song in those games or by being associated with a band that had a song in those games.

Anyway, first up is Guitar Vader. They were a Japanese indie rock band and they're one of my favourite bands of all time. I love almost all of their songs but I guess I'll only post some highlights:

Next is Cibo Matto. These ladies aren't as obscure and they actually have a new album coming out this Valentine's Day. They've got some weird songs and it's kind of hard to fit them into a specific genre. Here are some of my favourites though:

Now you guys post something.

ciaolino83

Did you everlisten to "Tokyo Hotel"  ?(I'm  sorry  for my english but i'mitalian ,you know)
:D

Hakudamashi

I dun really listen to bands that are unaffiliated with video games.
And most people kinda already know them...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 24, 2014, 08:47:42 AM
I dun really listen to bands that are unaffiliated with video games.
And most people kinda already know them...

But the bands I posted are affiliated with video games. Well, the first band more than the second.

Are you thinking of bands like Crush 40 that are more known for their videogame soundtracks than their other songs?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on February 24, 2014, 09:36:01 AM
Are you thinking of bands like Crush 40 that are more known for their videogame soundtracks than their other songs?
Pretty much
Like that woman who did the "My Hands" song for FFXIII, people kinda already know them...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 24, 2014, 12:24:03 PM
Pretty much
Like that woman who did the "My Hands" song for FFXIII, people kinda already know them...

So you don't listen to any non-gaming bands at all? That's kinda odd.

Hakudamashi

I listen to individual music pieces that catch my ear, I'm not really following any specific band.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 24, 2014, 02:48:05 PM
I listen to individual music pieces that catch my ear, I'm not really following any specific band.

You've never been like "Hey, this individual music piece is pretty good, I should check out the other works by this artist"?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on February 24, 2014, 03:29:31 PM
You've never been like "Hey, this individual music piece is pretty good, I should check out the other works by this artist"?
Unbelievably,  no I haven't...
The last time I remember doing that was with Linkin Park many years ago.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 24, 2014, 03:34:03 PM
Unbelievably,  no I haven't...
The last time I remember doing that was with Linkin Park many years ago.

Well then you should. You could end up discovering many more songs you like. Like I said in the OP, many of the bands that I like I first heard in JSRF. For a long time I didn't seek out any of their other works and I just listened to their one or two songs in the game. When I did eventually look for their other works I ended up discovering many more great songs that I never would have heard if I hadn't sought them out.

Hakudamashi

Well, there's Ammananoguchi that I've bee nmeaning to look into.
They're the guys who did the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World soundtrack
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 24, 2014, 03:45:12 PM
Well, there's Ammananoguchi that I've bee nmeaning to look into.
They're the guys who did the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World soundtrack

Well you should, and when you do post some of it in here so this topic can fulfill its purpose.

Hakudamashi

So I was looking through my iPod the other day, and remembered I was really into this band called "Rhapsody of Fire"

Their guitars are amazin~
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Yay, my music thread is actually being used. I guess I'll post something else to celebrate.

One Block Radius weren't featured in a Jet Set Radio game but two of it's members were a part of Scapegoat Wax, a group whose song Aisle 10 was featured in JSRF.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay