Forgotten Reviews: Mega Man Network Transmission

Started by The Forgotten Alex, January 31, 2014, 12:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forgotten Alex

We're jumping back 200 years.

NO FORGOTTEN REVIEW IS COMPLETE WITHOUT THE INEVITABLE SPOILER WARNING.

Megaman Network Transmission takes place between Megaman Battle Networks 1 and 2. It's not too widely popular of a game, but it's still pretty damn fustrating fun, so let's Jack In, shall we?

~THE STORY~

The story opens up with a recap of Megaman beating the Life Virus from the 1st game. With the evil organization, WWW (World Three), Lan and Megaman go back to a life of ease for a month until a new threat arises.

The Zero Virus, a virus that infects NetNavis and makes them go haywire, is on the loose. Lan and Megaman get an email from Mayl stating that her NetNavi, Roll, has gone missing on the Net. Megaman traverses through the Net and finds Roll and she tells them about a huge net fire that's up ahead.

Megaman runs through the burning net inferno to find the cause behind it all, FireMan.EXE, Mr. Match's Navi. Megaman manages to beat FireMan, around the same time Mr. Match shows up. Mr. Match says that it wasnt his doing, saying that there was a vaccine going around to prevent the Zero Virus, but ends up doing the opposite and makes the Navis go haywire.

Can Lan and Megaman find out the cause behind the Zero Virus and save the Net? I dont know, that's up to you, idiot.

~THE GAMEPLAY~

OH DEAR LORD THAT QUALITY IT HURTS MY EYES ARGH-

What makes this game different from most Battle Network games is that it plays nothing like the Gameboy Advance games. Megaman Network Transmission plays in a style similar to the classic Megaman games.

THERE YOU GO YOU RETRO FANFAGS, A BATTLE NETWORK GAME THAT YOU PROBABLY WONT THINK SUCKS-

Everything plays like a 2D scroller. Megaman can shoot his Buster at enemies to destroy them, but your buster pretty much sucks a lot in the beginning. So you're going to use Battle Chips, but in a different manner.

At the start of the area, you'll be able to choose your Battle Chips, which unlike previous games, have multiple usage without having to select the same chip over and over. Also, the chips have no codes in this game, so you can pair up any kind of wacky combinations you want, but you can only choose 5. When the Custom Gauge at the top fills up, you can select different Chips.

---------------------------------

Something majorly different is that you dont control Lan in this game, you use a map screen to jack into areas, buy chips, and refight bosses. Would you like to see areas like the Government Complex or DenCity in 3D, loltoobad
---------------------------------

Some Miscellaneous Thoughts

For starters. HOLY HELL, this game is HARD! I mean, extremely fucking hard in spots.The Intro level is pretty easy, but then you get to Fireman, instant difficulty spike. I hope you mastered sliding or well-timed jumps. There also arent that many extra lives lying around, so seriously, master this game quickly.

The game, universally, oddly, is fully voiced in Japanese. The English version retains the voices, but just adds subtitles so you can understand what's being said during cutscenes.

Megaman can move a bit slow at times to me, but that doesnt really bother me, since Classic Megaman moves just as slow.

~THE MUSIC~

Oh good sweet jesus almighty lord, the music in this game is fucking FANTASTIC! Whether it'd be the happy cutscene music "Relaxation", or the amazing feel you get when you listen to "Blazing Internet" and realize it's pretty much a heavily remixed version of Fireman's stage theme from Mega Man 1.

Personally, my favorite song has to be "Electric City", you people who visit the chat often would know this.

~FINAL VERDICT~

I would have to honestly give this game a...

6/10

For being an amazing experience and a bit unique from the regular Battle Network games, but also for the fustrating difficulty that can seriously make you throw a controller at your TV.

SEE YOU NEXT TIME.

If you can read this, the next review is going to take place between 4 and 5.
People asked.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

The Forgotten Alex

People asked.