Nintendo DS Games are Coming to the Wii U Virtual Console

Started by TheGameNinja, January 29, 2014, 03:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-bringing-ds-games-to-the-virtual-console-1512079422

No word on which games. Apparently, the screens will be side by side on the GamePad rather than one above the other. This could be awkward when it comes to certain games, like Sonic Rush...

Elija2

They haven't even gotten GBA games on the Wii U VC and now they're announcing DS games?

Wouldn't it make more sense if these handheld games were also put on a handheld system like, say, the 3DS?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Elija2 on January 29, 2014, 03:50:19 PM
They haven't even gotten GBA games on the Wii U VC and now they're announcing DS games?

Wouldn't it make more sense if these handheld games were also put on a handheld system like, say, the 3DS?

Maybe because DS games are still on store shelves and putting them on the virtual console for the 3DS will effectively destroy that market for all but collectors.

Ioshyriku

So wait, does all the action take place on the gamepad?
Couldn't they just make the TV the upper screen while the Gamepad would be the touch screen, and keep this just as an off-TV option?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Ioshyriku on January 30, 2014, 05:37:43 AM
So wait, does all the action take place on the gamepad?
Couldn't they just make the TV the upper screen while the Gamepad would be the touch screen, and keep this just as an off-TV option?

They can't know how far away you'll be from your TV. If you have to move your head to see the top screen, instead of a quick eye movement like on the DS, you're going to run into problems in faster paced games.

Ioshyriku

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 29, 2014, 03:53:46 PM
Maybe because DS games are still on store shelves and putting them on the virtual console for the 3DS will effectively destroy that market for all but collectors.
>Implying every DS game will be available on the Eshop.

Yeah, New Super Mario Bros. and the Ace Attorney games might get on there, but you'll still need to buy games like Megaman Zero Collection, the Pokemon games, etc.

And we've already discussed how expensive those Pokemon games still are.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

The 3DS is backwards compatible... So I don't get this, GBA would make more sense.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay