Nintendo Announces New Console (?)

Started by TheGameNinja, January 29, 2014, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 30, 2014, 02:44:05 PM
...but they did address the issues with their consoles.
So I don't see the issue.

It isn't like they just walked into the room, announced this and left.

They didn't though. They acknowledged that there are issues (like they have for the past year) but they offered no solutions. Actually, even worse. The solution that they offered was to keep doing what they're currently doing and eventually people will see how great the Wii U is. Nintendo are blind.

jkid101094

Well if you were Iwata what would you do?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 30, 2014, 02:53:30 PM
Well if you were Iwata what would you do?

Make a new console that is actually competitive against the competition. Improve third-party relations. Release some small games on iOS to make investors happy.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on January 30, 2014, 02:58:24 PM
Make a new console that is actually competitive against the competition.
And piss off literally everyone who bought or is developing for the Wii U. If anything that's going to fuck their image up even more.

Improve third-party relations.
Which is what they're doing.

Release some small games on iOS to make investors happy.
And they've admitted to being up in the air about this, apparently.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Make a new console that is actually competitive against the competition. Improve third-party relations. Release some small games on iOS to make investors happy.
You want them to pull a SEGA?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 30, 2014, 03:01:24 PM
And piss off literally everyone who bought or is developing for the Wii U. If anything that's going to fuck their image up even more.

They can wait out the Wii U and take the loss for a couple more years, but their next console needs to be a beast.

Which is what they're doing.

No they're not. They're literally saying "We'll let third-parties come to us" which obviously hasn't been working out for them.

And they've admitted to being up in the air about this, apparently.

They're not going to be games though, they're going to be companion apps or something stupid like that. Nintendo need to put actual games on there. Obviously not Mario, but stuff like Art Style or Rhythm Heaven that barely have an audience on their own consoles.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on January 30, 2014, 03:04:42 PM
You want them to pull a SEGA?

Nintendo have the money to do it.

Hakudamashi

I disagree, I think what Nintendo needs is a patch to fix it's online components(make messaging easier, cloud storage, etc), be less tight laced about 3rd party developers, and market the f*ck outta it, like how they whored out the Wii, DS and 3DS.

I think they should only go to smartphones for companion apps, not games.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on January 30, 2014, 03:20:13 PM
I disagree, I think what Nintendo needs is a patch to fix it's online components(make messaging easier, cloud storage, etc), be less tight laced about 3rd party developers, and market the f*ck outta it, like how they whored out the Wii, DS and 3DS.

I think they should only go to smartphones for companion apps, not games.

That won't help, they need a fresh start. The awful online infrastructure isn't the only problem with the Wii U.

Hakudamashi

The other problem is that shit name, but they can't exactly change that without making the problem worse.

What they need is to sell Wii Us, and if the Wii and PS2 and PS Vita are anything to go by, shouting about specs and net gen doesn't sell consoles, marketing does.

Nintendo needs commercials that say "GET A WII U BECAUSE ________", and that'll be harder to do if they make a console that's doing exactly what PS4 and Xbone are doing, I think it's a little too late for that. They need to talk more about the Wii U's strengths and what makes it hip n' cool n' edgey dawg, like that off TV play thing for starters.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay