Let's Set Up a Scenario: A Serious Question

Started by jkid101094, December 21, 2013, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Boom goes the dynamite. Down goes your house.

You're now homeless, left to wander the streets alone begging for money and scavenging whatever food you can...or at least you would be had you not have found an amazing deal for a new house. You get to stay for pretty much the dirt off your shoes and you have the whole house to yourself and whoever you're willing to let stay. Obviously a deal this great has to have a catch and you find out quickly what it is after only the second night. You hear the sound of footsteps at night walking through the house. During the day lights tend to flicker off on their own and you swear you've heard the TV go on while you were home alone. Upon digging deeper into the history of the house you find out why it's so cheap. Several years prior the home was the scene of a grizzly murder. The home's sole caretaker having been stricken down by a man since executed. The thought sends chills down your spine after your experiences in the house, but you know if you leave you'll be forced onto the streets...

Let's say you decide to stay. Despite all logic you're willing to put up with a possibly vengeful spirit or maybe you still don't believe in ghosts. Either way your next few nights are particularly rough. Everything from having the shower water turn scorching hot to losing your blankets to a strong open window draft in the night. Having had enough you decide to exorcise the spirit. Having looked online you spread salt on the porch of the house and kindly demand that the spirit leave...

That's when it comes forth.

The spirit is that of a woman. From her height and facial features you can tell that she is around the same age as you. She wears a thin robe that appears to be rags and her body and face still reflect the wounds she endured on her final days. Obviously this is a pretty fucking horrific sight and to make matters worse she slowly proceeds towards you. You try to scream but your lips would make a sound. You try to run but your feet are frozen in place. You've pissed off a spirit and now you're going to be joining her in this house for the rest of eternity....

To your surprise the women falls to her knees and holds her hands together to beg you.

"Please! Please!", she sobs "I beg you. Please don't kick me out. I love this house with all my heart and I never meant to frighten you."

She explains that her actions were her simply trying to continue her existence while stuck in the house. She thought you looked hot so she opened a window. She wanted to clean the dishes for you unaware you were in the shower and some times all she wanted was to watch some television.

This is the last thing you expected to happen and, kind as you are, you allow her to stay whilst sweeping the salt off the doorstep. She thanks you from the bottom of her heart and disappears into the shadows.

The next few nights as you are in your room alone the mysterious girl occasionally knocks on your door just like a living resident would. Often times she simply seeks companionship so you invite her to watch movies or whatever else you do with your evenings. She turns out to have a oddly charming personality and, despite all odds, the two of you become great friends. However a question you never expected yourself to ponder crosses your mind in persistence. Where do you go from here? The spirit obviously thinks of you as a good friend, but what would happen if you brought a girl home one day or even got married? Would her kind demeanor hold out? You decide to be reasonable and just outright ask her what she'd do in a situation like this.

Sure enough come 10:00pm that night you hear a knock at your door and who else would it be but your departed friend. You two get to talking as usual and, when it's convenient you pop the question.

To your surprise she turns away, looking rather ashamed of herself. Spirit or not this is the truest sense you've gotten that she's still human inside.

"Do I really seem that attached to you...?" She trails off after her worried speech. It seems the question really got her down, but why? You reassure her that you don't find her clingy but yet still press into the matter. To your surprise instead of shaking the house down of threatening to kill you like the spirits in movies do she pauses for a moment before proceeding to open her heart to you. She tells you about her life. How she once bought this house with plans to meet the perfect man and have children, but no matter how hard she tried she was always rejected. Whether it be for her looks or her views on sex before marriage many men turned her down to a point where several times she contemplated suicide. On the day that she was murdered, though she was sad, scared and alone, she secretly embraced her demise as a sign from God that she wasn't good enough for his treasured Earth.

Then you came along. She tells you about how she got a kind vibe from you since the day you moved in and that all she wanted was to make your life happier than hers. Since the day the two of you really got to know each other she began to think that maybe during life she hadn't searched hard enough and that, had she just held on longer, maybe she could have met you face to face. To your further surprise your sobbing friend then embraces you in a hug, though being a spirit, her touch causes you to feel nothing. Even though you realize how much you mean to her in this moment you realize your friendship will never have a storybook happy ending. Until the day you die you will never feel her touch. Never have her shoulder to lean on. Never even be able to tell your parents she exists...but yet, she means a bit to you as well and you ponder for a moment what will happen when you die. Will your spirit ascend to another plane forcing you to leave her behind?...Or will you forever be doomed to this house until it's final days?

You quietly slide over on the bed and your friend who, with her eyes closed still believes you're embraced in her arms, sits without budging an inch. You move away until she is left there hugging the air whilst sobbing. It's obvious she can't feel you either and then you realize, whether you remain her for eternity or not, that she will never be able to live a normal life with you either. You gently slide back into your position just as she decides to get off of you. She apologizes for the awkward tears but explains that she still feels pain from thinking about how she wasted her life.

You already know, however, that it doesn't have to end here. You recall her mentions of her spending her life trying to find the perfect guy. Considering she became so open to you you wonder if she believes you to be, 'the one'. It would certainly explain her emotions and why she seemed so disappointed with the thought of you being with someone else...You realize you have a very important decision to make that could impact the rest of your life. Whether it's spent in the arms or a dead woman or ended silently here the only way to move forward is to put the situation to rest.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Here are some things to consider;

• In this scenario you are 21+ as well as single.
  • Your decision should be trust based. You're dealing with a spirit, who knows what could happen?
  • Gender roles in this situation can be changed based on sexual preference. If you want the spirit to be a man more power to you.

I find this scenario a very interesting one as that it really puts your values to the test. What do you look for in a relationship, sexual or otherwise? What constitutes as a trustworthy person to you? How far are you willing to go to make them happy?

Here are some ideas for what you can do;

• Spend the rest of your life as her boyfriend. I mean, the two of you get along so well.
  • Let her off easy. You can't date a ghost but she's a good person.
  • Say nothing and let it fix itself. She never said she loved you outright and assuming makes an ass out of the both of you.
  • Tell her to piss off. You risk facing otherworldly wrath but, my God is her face disgusting.
  • Commit suicide. The only way you can surely be with her for eternity is to go the same way she did.

Of course, feel free to come up with your own answers to the question. Those are just examples.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

The following morning I'd tell her my dream of getting married and having children, afterwhich I'd ask how she would honestly feel about me being with another woman in this house. Depending on her response I'll either
A:Move out, tough it out on the streets.
B:Remain single, enjoy the rest of my life knowing I have someone pleasant to return home to.
C:Eventually move out with girlfriend, but only after convincing another "nice guy" to move into the house.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I can't hold nor feel her, and she can't hold nor feel me, I don't think I can handle the resulting bittersweet feeling, especially since she's a nice person.
So, whether I was doing it consciously or not, I wouldn't fall in love with her...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

The responses I get from you guys are getting more and more interesting.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 23, 2013, 06:19:24 AM
The responses I get from you guys
Listen, I know I'm fat, but you don't gotta rub it in...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I was referring to the other two forums I posted this on.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

links
I also want to see other people's responses
In fact, what's your response?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

http://lightdash.org/forum/index.php/topic,44.0.html

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Smash_Bros_RPG/index.php?showtopic=2600

I'll warn you right now, Gel always gives the best responses to everything.

And my response? I'll post that on all three forums at once when I feel the topics are dead.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 23, 2013, 09:32:47 AM
http://lightdash.org/forum/index.php/topic,44.0.html

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Smash_Bros_RPG/index.php?showtopic=2600

I'll warn you right now, Gel always gives the best responses to everything.

And my response? I'll post that on all three forums at once when I feel the topics are dead.
So that's where everyone went?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Sorry, I kinda went colour retarded, I meant white.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Probably not. It's still really early in development.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.