Do Americans wear shoes inside?

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 15, 2013, 12:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Today I've been told by, many many, americans online that it is common to wear shoes inside the house - westcoast being the exception.

Someone please confirm this

Gilly

I don't wear shoes in my own house but if I'm visiting somewhere I will keep my shoes on sometimes.

Hakudamashi

In my country, if you're just visiting you keep your shoes on, but if you're staying over you take your shoes off.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Meme Master Flex

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 15, 2013, 12:13:04 AM
Today I've been told by, many many, americans online that it is common to wear shoes inside the house - westcoast being the exception.

Someone please confirm this
All depends on the person for me. I hardly ever wear shoes at all but it's not like we keep them by the door or anything. If we're just walking around the house we wear house shoes, I mean, that's what they're for.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

A lot of americans walk on dirty roads and streets and they don't like tracking dirt in their houses since that can attract bugs and stuff. So they usually don't wear shoes indoors but it won't stop them when they are a guest. It would be kinda weird for a guest to be walking around someone else's house without shoes.

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 16, 2013, 03:57:39 AM
no indoor slippers at the entrance?
Where I live, only if you're staying overnight/you live there.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTS

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 16, 2013, 03:57:39 AM
no indoor slippers at the entrance?
What? Why would you buy slippers for other people? I'd never want to use someone else' shoes.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

FlashTheHedgehog123

I don't wear shoes inside. If I'm only going to be standing right at the front door, and if I'm going to leave soon, then I'll leave them on. Or if I forgot something in my room, I'll leave them on and go get whatever I forgot.
Hello!

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 16, 2013, 11:09:19 AM
What? Why would you buy slippers for other people? I'd never want to use someone else' shoes.

I...
...what

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 24, 2013, 11:44:22 PM
I...
...what
You'd stick your feet in the same shoes someone's sweaty ass foot was in?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 25, 2013, 12:02:47 AM
You'd stick your feet in the same shoes someone's sweaty ass foot was in?

are you telling me you dont wear socks

jkid101094

I put on my house shoes so I don't have to.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

A lot of houseshoes here have fur in them so it makes wearing socks very uncomfortable.

Spike Prime

Eh... it's not common where I am in the US, but I've seen a lot of people wear them inside the house. In short, yes AND no! ;)
The Sonic the Hedgehog universe would not be the same without Silver the Hedgehog. I was even willing to play Sonic 06 because of him. [Insert sarcastic next-gen comment here.]

ScorchinBuggy25

I've never heard as such. I live in the South, and as far as I can tell, my friends and family don't wear shoes inside with the exception of visiting. Basically, we don't wear shoes when we're just relaxing in our or someone else's house.

SupaSpeedySonic