I'm a Whiny Baby Don't Look at Me

Started by jkid101094, December 13, 2013, 10:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So I was talking about this on the chat and started going a little bit too into detail there so I figured I'd post this here since all the anger I had built up for the other rants has long since went away.

So you may not believe this but I, the usually mellow jkid, have some pretty bad anger issues. I'd never hurt anyone in rage, but I've hurt myself before. Not cutting or anything like that but I've been known to bash my head off walls and whip my controller across the room in anger. I'm generally sensible enough not to throw anything with a screen, though, so my DS, 3DS and Gamepad are safe.

I tend to really get pissy on days where I'm really tired. I think one of the things that piss my off the most though (to this extent anyway) is online gaming. I don't mind a loss. I don't mind two losses. But fuck me when I lose about 10 in a row to a friend or people online. It's made even worse when the game itself starts taunting me or the matches become razor thin, next hit wins. I'm pretty good at keeping my cool but at heart no one likes to lose so I just let loose.

It makes me even more infuriated when I'm competing with someone, be it in a fighter, Pokemon, what have you and no matter what I can't seem to win. Like in Persona 4 Arena I've spent over half hour sessions learning my characters but in the heat of a match I forget everything or have trouble pulling off moves. Not to mention (and yes I'm making excuses but there is truth to them) the fact that I have something wrong with my fingers. My mom calls it arthritis but I really don't think that's it. Either way my hands will some times lock up or I won't be able to move them to certain buttons fast enough. I can't stress enough that I actually can't do a fucking quarter circle reliably much less do these 40 hit combos that require strings of like ten moves.

Makes you feel like shit to put so much effort into something and not get any better. Especially when it's the only thing in your life you feel any good at.

What makes me just as mad is when people try to give me advice or offer to, "let me win". You did it on your own, damnit. So can I and if I'm going to beat you it's going to be at your best, not at a disadvantage. That's like a racer cutting off one of his feet so everyone else can get passed him. I didn't earn anything, you just cut your foot off and that makes you an asshole.

Despite being pretty prone to anger I get over it pretty quickly too. In less than an hour I could go from mad enough to strangle a kitten to kind enough to adopt strays off the street. All depends on how long I can go without jumping back in.

It also makes me feel bad when someone who is clearly better than you taunts you for it. Motherfucker I have every right to flaunt when I win, the score is still 01-30 in your favor.

I think I got everything off ,my chest but if not there's always room for another topic.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Whatever you want it to mean

Just letting ya know I never went easy on you.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

I'm relatively confident at Pokemon so I'm sure I could beat just about anyone here.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Everything jkid said describes my gaming life too. That's why i had to give up on Pokemon games; I'm way too competitive at it. I mean, fuck. I'm already pretty fucking useless on this planet. I don't need to start losing at the one thing i feel as though I'm good at.

Hakudamashi

Some people are better than you at some things, but you might be better than some people at other things, that's how it goes.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

FlashTheHedgehog123

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 13, 2013, 10:28:55 AM
It makes me even more infuriated when I'm competing with someone, be it in a fighter, Pokemon, what have you and no matter what I can't seem to win.
I always feel like that at Pokemon. I mean, if they use normal Pokemon, like a Pikachu or something, I'm fine. BUT WHEN THEY USE THEIR MEWTWO X AND XERNEAS AND ZYGARDE I FUCKING THROW MY 3DS ACROSS THE ROOM BECAUSE THAT SHIT IS STUPID. LEGENDARIES ARE THE CHEAPEST SHIT *shot* But really, this gets to me so much. I have the same problem with online gaming, there's always this one guy that kills me multiple times and I just get so bent out of shape, so I try as hard as I can to defeat that guy at least once before I leave.
Hello!

Hakudamashi

You could just, y'know, not play online...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I'm actually good enough to go online in Mario Kart 7 but that's like the only game besides Pokemon.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Racing games where you don't "lose" unless you're last?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay