The Amazing Spiderman 2

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 05, 2013, 06:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Okay, now we've really reached japanese levels

Hakudamashi

Is that an insult?

And the acting is still as awkward as ever...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Looks neat, and I guess the poster was real.

Though I do wish they'd cut the trilogy shit and give every character their own movie. Having Green Goblin, Electro, Rhino and possibly Shocker in the same movie makes them all seem less important.

That being said Dr. Octopus' arms and Vuture's wings are in the trailer too so maybe a new Sinister Six...? Would be better if they didn't have to cram all six origin stories in there.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I never understood the need to constrict one's self to a trilogy...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

People think it's a good place to stop a story because by that point most of the story that could be told has been and the series hasn't gotten stale yet...I guess.

Really I just see it as a limiting factor. You can't just adapt a 50 year old comic into three movies. Even if you wanted to cut the fat off you still won't be able to fit all the meat unless you get either a bigger container or more of them, so to speak.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Keyword here is 'Adaption'.
Movies are not re-telling comics/books like Anime's do.

They're always their own thing.

Trilogies have many benifits.
You can plan out your story, You can have a good contract with actors and directos - all of which would probably want to move on sooner or later.

Disney (Marvel / Star Wars) can do it, because they have like... an unlimited budget to pay people.
Plus, you get the issue that its impossible to have all writers and directors sync up with each other - that's when get werid holes like... where the fuck was SHIELD during Iron Man 3, Thor Dark World n' shit.

Plus, sooner or later you're gonna run it to the ground.
Slightly related, I really liked what they tried with the superhero twist in Paranormal Activity - but it was too little and too late.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 05, 2013, 06:04:40 AM
Is that an insult?

Yes and No.
It just looks... kinda... 'noisy' because of all the CGI.

Tanassy

Please tell me there's no more dark n' edgy bullcrap.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Tana on February 03, 2014, 07:15:44 AM
Please tell me there's no more dark n' edgy bullcrap.
Don't you know that's what's in right now? Everything's gotta be dark and edgey, light hearted shennanigans are for babies.

What're you, some kind of Nintendo fag?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy