Why Don't We Eat Bison Meat?

Started by jkid101094, December 03, 2013, 04:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So I was watching the Game Grumps playthrough of The Oregon Trail and there was a Native American talking about not wanting people to kill his buffalo. I thought about this for a few seconds and remembered that people used to eat buffalo back in the day. This actually got me wondering why people don't eat them anymore; so I did some research on the subject. Bison meat apparently tastes the same as cow meat, but is more expensive because it's not as main stream. Very expensive restaurants still sell bison meat but since they were endangered at one point it never really caught on. My question is that, people say that if we ate insects it would end world hunger, but if bison meat is better for us than cow meat wouldn't it help the problems of both hunger and obesity?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Y'know what else would help? Rabbit meat
I mean, thousands of 'em are born each day and they're herbivores so they'd be way past good for you.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

It's apparently happening already.

I mean, I love animals and all but it seems weird that a few species bred specifically for food when better options are out there.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Well, maybe we should consider how difficult or easy the animal is to breed and catch?
Maybe cows are just a lazy man's animal of choice?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

The problem is that people won't eat things that aren't 'mainstream'. I'm not talking hipsters, but people in general. Like, how many people do you hear about eating fly meat? I sure as hell wouldn't if it was served to me on a burger, not because it tastes bad or isn't healthy, but because it's not something I'm OK with eating. The same thing goes for things like snails, frogs, alligators and, in our case, bison, even though people today eat them not everyone is OK with it. My problem is that, sense it's such a similar meat to cows we could breed less cows for food and more bison, or just have healthier food in general if bison became a mainstream food source.

Of course, I could just be misinformed.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Now I just need to know if that article is full of sh*t or not.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 04, 2013, 04:10:45 AM
Either way, Cows are what humans have become used to in the last hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
To change that it would take alot.
Its basically our natural prey. basically.
Way to restate the obvious. :P

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 04, 2013, 04:10:45 AM
And the way to fix 'obeseity' is to do some sport or fitness training.
At this point, you almost have to force people to do it.
Because people actually do that. :P
The only reason I've lost so much weight is because I have a tendency to starve myself on accident.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 04, 2013, 11:43:54 AM
How do you even...
When I get really hungry and I'm waiting for dinner I'll start doing other things and eventually forget I was hungry in the first place.

Also when I started my Zoloft my appetite went down the shitter.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

And I thought I had a low attention span...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Sounds kinky. Just how I like it. <3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.