Video Game Adaptations

Started by Hakudamashi, November 22, 2013, 06:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

This is a topic to discuss our experiences with video game adaptations, comics, manga, anime, movies, action figures... legos...
What are some of your favourites? Least favourites? Do you prefer the adaptation to the source material? Does it complement the source material? Or just sucks?

At this point in time, the afaptations I've been following are:
Sonic the Hedgehog-The cartoon with the freedom fighters,
Blazblue Alter Memory - The anime which as of this time has really dissapointed me
Pokemon Adventures The manga that has really knocked my socks off every chapter.

Adaptations I've seen to completion
Pokemon the Origin -The anime of just the kanto region, which I'm saddened that the girl trainer didn't take Bulbasaur...
Metroid - The manga that has very vulgar, but still badass Samus Aran.
Sonic X - The anime that has the best iteration of Amy Rose IMO.
Kirby Right Back At Ya - The anime that made Metaknight Mexican... ok?
Persona 4 - The anime that smartly doesn't reveal the true ending.

Adaptations I'm interested in seeing
Super Mario Bros.- The comic that has Princess Peach ruling the Mushroom Kingdom with an iron fist... and bombs.
Star Fox - The comic... I just know it exists =U
Killer Instinct - ^

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should include Visual Novels into this...

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 22, 2013, 06:21:11 PM
Pokemon the Origin -The anime of just the kanto region, which I'm saddened that the girl trainer didn't take Bulbasaur...
My baby's name is Leaf. :U

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 22, 2013, 06:21:11 PM
Persona 4 - The anime that smartly doesn't reveal the true ending.
Someone hasn't seen the last episode...

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 22, 2013, 07:03:55 PM
Someone hasn't seen the last episode...
Wasn't the last episode where Yu leaves during cherry blossom season after they defeated Adachi?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

dreamcasthime

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 22, 2013, 07:32:27 PM
Wasn't the last episode where Yu leaves during cherry blossom season after they defeated Adachi?
No, there is an episode after that shows the alternative where he fights Izanami. It's rather badass, actually.

Hakudamashi

I see

I'm also following the Sonic the Hedgehog Archie comic, that recently got a reboot, that I'm quite iffy about...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Wait, it got a reboot after all this time...? Why? Just to follow Marvel and DC?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I guess
It pisses me off cause the previous arc had soo much going on. Sally being robotisiced, Antione being in a coma, Bunnie going AWOL, The Echidnas getting genocided, Thrash talking about the Tazmanian Devils., and Cream, Rotor and some others were gonna take on the Tails Doll's ultimate form or something.
I was excited to see how how Sonic and Co. were gonna deal with all this misfortune and the sacrifices they'd have to make to make everything right again, and was hoping for some epic climactic fight at Eggman's base...

BUT NOPE, REBOOT, EVERYTHING'S FINE AGAIN

And I'm not liking some of their redesigns either...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

This explained a bit to me. Apparently some guy named Ken Penders filed a lawsuit to regain the characters he created, which is where this reboot comes from.

https://sites.google.com/site/sthcharasbyauthor/list-of-ken-penders-characters

^The characters he created.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Soo, this reboot is a way for him to write his characters back in?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

What? No. It's a way to take them out without killing them all off. Characters like Julie-Su now belong to Ken so they are officially gone for good. He's even using them for other things now, apparently...like fan fiction.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

So thanks to the Nintendo Eshop, I've been watching the Pokemon Black and White anime, and I gotta say, It's really growing on me =U.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Ho-Ly-Shit
I never liked Skyla, she was lame and bland, fat with reverse Popeye arms and was pathetically easy.

But the anime, my god, she's such a f*cking unlikeable b*tch, I hate her, even when she's losing.
I hope I never see her again @_@
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 15, 2013, 09:53:17 AM
Ho-Ly-Shit
I never liked Skyla, she was lame and bland, fat with reverse Popeye arms and was pathetically easy.

But the anime, my god, she's such a f*cking unlikeable b*tch, I hate her, even when she's losing.
I hope I never see her again @_@
XD. It gets better from there on. The west has just recently finished its Black and White saga so you have a while before you catch up. But i can tell you that you can skip a lot of the And Beyond episodes. Just a bunch of cameos (like Clair and Ash's Charizard)