Video Game Awards 2013 (VGX, Dec 7)

Started by shadowDOESrock, November 14, 2013, 10:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Much like the Oscars for the Academy Awards, "VGAs" have become synonymous with the largest award show for gaming, Spike TV's Video Game Awards. Surprisingly, all of that will change win the award show changes names to become "VGX."

The news was tweeted by Geoff Keighly, who didn't give any other details besides that the revamped show will be airing on December 7 and that it'll have an "expanded digital footprint". The show will remain on Spike.

Rumour has it the revamp happened because of criticism of the lack of representation of the gaming culture in the show.

The VGA13 / VGX will air on December 7,  6 pm ET - 3pm ET

The Show also features an expanded run time of three hours (instead of the previous two hours) and will air on Spike TV, MTV2, GT.com and also directly onto your PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.

jkid101094

So they actually listened to people? Time to see how well they did it.

Vote Pokemon X and Y for best RPG or I'll kill you.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

dreamcasthime

jkid101094

Well for what I've heard it's not a bad game by any stretch.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Can't wait to see how they'll f*ck it up.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

As someone who can judge things completely unbiasedddd...

Grand Theft Auto V clearly was the best game of this year...
And I didnt even enjoy it that much.

Post Merge: November 15, 2013, 06:29:45 AM

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 15, 2013, 05:48:49 AM
Can't wait to see how they'll f*ck it up.

Well, aren't you Mr. Optimistic.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 15, 2013, 06:29:28 AM
As someone who can judge things completely unbiasedddd...
LIES.

There is bias in every opinion.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2013, 07:00:27 AM
LIES.

There is bias in every opinion.

Try me.
I can judge games and movies completely objectivly while having my "true personal opinion" be void.
This is why I want to be Reviewer.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 15, 2013, 07:19:52 AM
Try me.
I can judge games and movies completely objectivly while having my "true personal opinion" be void.
Gotta work on stop being a pussy first.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Try me.
You say that but so does everyone else.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Try me.
What are your thoughts on New Super Mario Bros. U?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 15, 2013, 08:31:22 AM
What are your thoughts on New Super Mario Bros. U?

It's a pretty good game and features some really well designed levels.
Some downright clever even. And some... not. Most of them are good though.
It is also incredbily fun in co-op.
Though, I feel like they missed a good oppurtunity to have the second screen to be the guy that plays Luigi, instead of just placing blocks. This "passiv" second-player might not be fun to all your friends.
Then again, some might really enjoy it - and might also enjoy being an asshole with it.

However, it feels a bit too similar to its previous instalments and the excessive reuse of existing assets and music kinda diminishes some of the "Mario Excitement" you've gotten from the original New Super Mario Bros. U, Mario Galaxy and the like.
The Graphics arent mind-blowing, but some of the backgrounds are sometimes really something you should stop for a brief moment and simply look the beauty. (A video file of that could be a perfect screensaver.)
That Mario still lacks online multiplayer is a tad dissapointing as well. However, the game was clearly designed for couch fun, so that can be forgiven.

The beginning of the game is also a tad too easy.

If you're in the need for a 2D platformer that doesnt blur your screen or one that is simply too french for you; NSMBU will certainly hold you over until  Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures, Knack or the next 3D Mario.
Just don't expect anything truly "new" in it.

---
Personally I dont like NSMBU.
I assume Wind knew that.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Wolfy

Personally I wish I had the ability to disregard anything that Geoff "Doritos Mountain Dew Halo Promotionfuck Socalled Author" Keighly had to say.

Oh wait, I do.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 15, 2013, 09:29:39 AM
diminishes some of the "Mario Excitement" you've gotten from the original New Super Mario Bros. U, Mario Galaxy and the like.
Opinion.

The Graphics arent mind-blowing, but some of the backgrounds are sometimes really something you should stop for a brief moment and simply look the beauty.
Opinion.

Though, I feel like they missed a good oppurtunity to have the second screen to be the guy that plays Luigi, instead of just placing blocks. This "passiv" second-player might not be fun to all your friends.
Then again, some might really enjoy it - and might also enjoy being an asshole with it.
Hell even in the the paragraph where you talk about the pros of the game you talk down on something it has.

The beginning of the game is also a tad too easy.
Opinion.

Everything has at least some opinionated bias in it. There's nothing wrong with that but to say that that it doesn't couldn't be farther from wrong, especially in a review which is all about opinion.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.