Zelda movie adaptation would have to be interactive, stresses Aonuma

Started by shadowDOESrock, October 16, 2013, 02:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

With horrors of the Super Mario Bros. live action flick in mind, it's understandable why Nintendo would be cagey about adapting other properties for the big screen. However, Zelda boss Eiji Aonuma has said that he and Shigeru Miyamoto have discussed.

Speaking with Kotaku, Aonuma said, "This is something that me and Mr. Miyamoto talked about. If we were to make a Zelda title, if we had interest in doing that, I think really what would be most important to us is to be able to play with the format of a movie, make it more interactive, like you're able to take your 3DS into the theater and that leads you into participating in it somehow. We wouldn't want to make it the same as any other movie. We want to somehow change what a movie is."

It's an interesting concept but it's tricky to imagine how such a mechanic might work.

Ninhipster.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Horrible idea. I saw the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie (the Pyramid of Light one) in a theater and every little kid there had a game out. There was so much light coming from them that you could hardly see the screen.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay