Tom Clancy Passes Away at Age 66

Started by shadowDOESrock, October 02, 2013, 07:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Tom Clancy, the author of best selling novels like Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger, has passed away at 66, The New York Times reports. He died in a hospital in Baltimore. No cause of death has been reported.

Many of Tom Clancy's works were adapted onto the big screen. For the gaming industry, we remember the author as the co-founder of Red Storm Entertainment. The title that catapulted the studio into the spotlight was Rainbow Six in 1998. The developer followed up with mission pack Eagle Watch and a sequel, Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. The studio was then purchased by Ubisoft in 2000.

"We are saddened to learn of Tom Clancy's passing and our condolences go out to his family," Ubisoft wrote on its Facebook page.
"Tom Clancy was an extraordinary author with a gift for creating detailed, engrossing fictional stories that captivated audiences around the world."
"The teams at Ubisoft, especially at the Red Storm studio, are incredibly grateful to have collaborated with and learned from him, and we are humbled by the opportunity to carry on part of his legacy through our properties that bear his name."

The next game that will carry the author's name is Tom Clancy's: The Division, due out for PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2014.

Rest in peace, Tom Clancy.

Ioshyriku

jkid101094

Ouch. We're getting to that point where everyone who made video games what they are today are checking in to the history books. It's really sad.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Well, at least the game industry is left in good hands...

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

This is very sad news.
RIP Tom Clancy.