Forgotten Reviews: Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Ninja/Zerker x Saurian

Started by The Forgotten Alex, September 28, 2013, 06:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forgotten Alex

You already know what goes up here if you've read my other reviews. SPOILERS
NOW IN FABULOUS LOW QUALITY PICTURES BECAUSE I CANT FIND TWO EVEN SIZES!
Sequel to the first game with the Satellite Admins (Nowhere to be seen in this game), now we're introduced to an ancient theme. Let's jump in, shall we?

~The Story~

It has been two months since Geo and Omega-Xis had teamed up to stop the evil FM-ians from releasing Andromeda to destroy the world. Life has gone back to normal since then. Geo no longer carries his old transer, as a new device called the Star Carrier has come out. The Star Carrier allows the user to materialize tangible EM Waves that can help everybody in their daily lives with certain tasks.

One day, after a certain accident with a blimp, Geo, able to solve the crisis, nets himself, Luna, Bud, and Zack, tickets to a movie in Wilshire Hills, the largest city in Electopia. Naturally, they have to head there.

After getting a bit sidetracked, Geo and his friends go to see the movie. when all of a sudden, a mysterious man shows up! He kidnaps Luna and releases Ghosts all around Wilshire Hills. Now you get to help Geo and Omega-Xis (Yet again) get to the bottom of the story. Who's this villian, who does he work for? Find out...no seriously, go play and find out. Idiot.

~Gameplay~

Gameplay is about the same as it was in Mega Man Star Force 1. Though, there are unique changes to the battle system. For one, it's either just me, or they seem noticeably faster in this game than they did in the previous.

Brotherbands are back, now serving a similar purpose from the last game, with a bit of a twist.

A new addition to the viruses is the addition of G viruses (Giant viruses), defeating these guys can nab you a special Star Card, when put in your folder in a certain slot, it increases the power of the corresponding card. I personally dont use these much, strategy all the way, though.

Now you may be wondering: "But Forgotten, why are these games called Zerker x Ninja and Zerker X Saurian?"

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ONE OF THE FORMS, THUNDER ZERKER!

Tribe On. The special ability Megaman gets. You can use a certain card/Brother power to transform into any of them. Like the last game, they're all different elements, and countering an enemy attack in these forms nabs you a special move called a Link Force Big Bang.

Thunder Zerker is an Elec elemental with a giant Electric Sword. His Charged Buster attack lets him shoot a paralyzing strike down the current row. His LFBB is Thunder Bolt Blade, which covers a 3x3 radius and attacks 3 times with his giant freakin' awesome sword.

Wood Ninja is a Grass Elemental. He carries shurikens. His Charged Buster attack lets him throw 3 shurikens down his current row. His LFBB is Demon Flurry, in which he splits into 3 and unleashes a barrage of shurikens on a 3x3 radius.

Fire Saurian is a Fire Elemental (Duh). He carries...Omega-Xis, which closesly resembles a Dinosaur on his hand. His Charged Buster attack lets him shoot down a fire explosion down his current row. His LFBB is Genocide Blazer (best sounding move ever) which covers the entire fucking field in a fiery giant flamethrower fashion.

If you have brothers of opposite versions, you can combine two of these forms for even more cooler looking abilites and stuff.

And then there's the legendary...

OH LORD, TRIBE KING!

Tribe King is the form Geo gets when he successfully activates all 3 tribes (You have to have one brother from every version). This guy is OVERPOWERED, SERIOUSLY. His Charged Buster Attack is a 3-Beam Elemental Slash down 2 rows if you're on the left or right of the field, and all 3 rows if you're in the middle. His LFBB is Czar Delta Breaker. I cant even explain how awesome that move looks, you'll have to find out for yourself.

there's also Rogue tribe but i'll leave that for you to find out what it is.

~SOUNDTRACK~

I think it's on par, if not, a bit better than Starforce 1. The thing that sets this apart from the other games is that it sounds a lot different from the other two soundtracks. It still has a lot of amazing tracks, like Wilshire Hill's theme, and the ever-so-sexy final boss theme.

~FINAL SCORE~

It's up to you to defeat all of the bosses, find out what's going on, own everything with Tribe King with a certain code, get the secret tribe, and overall kick some ass. I shall give this game a...

8.5/10!

I seriously cant decide which game I like the best out of the Starforce series. But I do know that the next one is considered the best among most of the fandom.

NEXT TIME ON FORGOTTEN REVIEWS:
MEGA MAN STAR FORCE 3: BLACK ACE/RED JOKER

NOW WITH VOICES
People asked.