Nintendo drops out of Nikkei, Major stock drop

Started by shadowDOESrock, September 09, 2013, 02:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 11, 2013, 07:31:56 AM
I know people use smartphones. I do not see people play more than Angry Birds on them.

Is that what you see or what you want to believe?
Do you watch the Smartphones of 12 year olds in the bus or what?

eXtremeAzure

The way I see it ~ Nintendo fell flat again with their launch of the Wii U, because once again, they launched a successor off the momentum of their predecessor and expected it to flow while they work on the first-party, sales generating titles in the background.

Once again - that didn't happen.

There were more 3rd-party titles at the Wii U's launch, than their were first-party titles, and even though this is a good thing (considering that third-parties usually avoid Nintendo platforms) ~ that slumped Wii U's sales at the beginning of the year because most of those franchises never saw daylight on a Nintendo console, and if they did, they sucked.

I believe that when Nintendo finishes rolling out their big-name titles at the end of this year, added with the $50 price-cut, the Wii U should be up-&-running again. Zelda, DK and Mario - they always sell, there's no justifiable denial on that claim. On top of that, the Wii U is also getting Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World, M&S: at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games, Wii Fit & Party U, as well as a decent amount of 'AAA' multiplats and a plethora of indie games.

That's a pretty solid line-up, right there. If this fails to push the Wii U ~ then we'll have to wait for next year, when Mario Kart & Smash come out. If that fails...then Nintendo really should scrap the Wii U. But that's just worst-case-scenario.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on September 11, 2013, 07:53:14 AM
Is that what you see or what you want to believe?
Do you watch the Smartphones of 12 year olds in the bus or what?
I see people use their smartphones for either work, talk or music, if there's a game on it, it's a shitter or waiting in line game.
NO informed person is gonna buy a smartphone to play games, they buy the smartphone to do other things, and it just so happens to have games on it.

If people want a handheld for the purpose of playing games, they'll get a 3DS/Vita.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

I'd like to see what they're playing. I'm sure there are tons of kids with smartphones that play games on them. My little brother and sister are allowed to use their phones in school now. How much of that time isn't thee equivalent of a flash game they play for a minute when they're bored in class?

I'm not saying kids don't play games on their phones just that they won't play a game on their phone INSTEAD OF a game on a console, if they have the option.