Mighty No. 9 Discussion Thread

Started by Link, September 02, 2013, 10:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link

WHAT IS MIGHTY NO. 9?

Mighty No. 9 is an all-new Japanese side-scrolling action game that takes the best aspects of the 8- and 16-bit era classics you know and love, and transforms them with modern tech, fresh mechanics, and fan input into something fresh and amazing!

You play as Beck, the 9th in a line of powerful robots, and the only one not infected by a mysterious computer virus that has caused mechanized creatures the world over to go berserk. Run, jump, blast, and transform your way through six stages (or more, via stretch goals) you can tackle in any order you choose, using weapons and abilities stolen from your enemies to take down your fellow Mighty Number robots and confront the final evil that threatens the planet!

Every aspect of development—art, level design, music, programming, etc.—is being handled by veteran Japanese game creators with extensive experience in the genre, and with Mega Man in particular, all the way up to and including the project's leader, Keiji Inafune himself! Backers will have unprecedented access to seeing this team at work through blogs, podcasts, videos, concept art—the works!

Mighty No. 9 is being developed for the PC with gamepad support (of course!), and will be made available through Steam and DRM-free digital distribution methods. Other platforms, including home consoles, Mac, and Linux, are a high priority, but only if we can afford them via stretch goals. Should we reach those goals, anyone funding the project will be allowed to choose which version of the game they would like to receive. The estimated release date is spring 2015.

This project is on Kickstarter so it can involve YOU, the fans! Not only will this make it possible, through crowdfunding, for us to make the game exactly as we envision it, but it also allows us to bring dedicated fans of this genre together to assist the team in shaping aspects of the game's design. We need your help! Let's make something amazing, and let's do it together!

Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

holy shit

jkid101094

I've heard of it. Reminds me of something Wayforeward would do. I'll definitely be looking foreward to it on 3DS.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

So, if CAPCOM were to announce a new Megaman game developed by Wayforward right now, what do?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Found about it this morning, I can't wait to see how will it turn out.

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 03, 2013, 12:44:39 PM
So, if CAPCOM were to announce a new Megaman game developed by Wayforward right now, what do?
I'd die.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

So, which version of Call strikes your fancy? I like the blonde pony-tail one.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 18, 2013, 06:13:03 PM
It's funny how it's the other way around.
Man, irony can be crazy.
I dun get it...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 18, 2013, 04:18:31 PM
So, which version of Call strikes your fancy? I like the blonde pony-tail one.
I thought they chose the one that looked like Roll?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

No, it's still up for vote last time I checked...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 19, 2013, 02:49:06 PM
I dun get it...
I quoted the wrong post.
Instead of Wayfoward helping Inti Creates...
Inti Creates is helping Wayforward.

Hakudamashi

Does anyone else not like their stretch goals?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Wolfy

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 26, 2013, 03:41:32 PM
Does anyone else not like their stretch goals?
I think the Online Co-op stretch goal is pretty cool but the rest seem somewhat basic.

Hakudamashi

The rest seem like stuff that should've been done already, like, 2 more stages as the first stretch goal?
But what do I know...

Post Merge: September 27, 2013, 11:43:38 AM

Please vote design "F"
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

In order from favorite to least favorite it goes;

1. F
2. E
3. H
4. G
5. I
6. B
7. D
8. A
9. Dogshit
10. Ponygirl

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 27, 2013, 02:21:56 PM
In order from favorite to least favorite it goes;

1. F
2. E
3. H
4. G
5. I
6. B
7. D
8. A
9. Dogshit
10. Ponygirl
This
Fuck design C, they got rid of these designs for that thing?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Even if it's only one stage, We get to play as  Call =D
If it isn't design F however, then I don't care...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Wolfy

Watched the livestream earlier to find out which Call won.

Design F confirmed winner.

jkid101094

Did they say anything about second or third? We could see other designs as NPCs.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 01, 2013, 03:11:26 PM
Did they say anything about second or third? We could see other designs as NPCs.
I know E came second, I dunno about third...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

So long as F, E and H were in the top three I can be happy.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Wolfy

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 01, 2013, 05:53:45 PM
That was the exact order.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 01, 2013, 05:53:45 PM
Are you psychic? =O
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Wolfy on October 02, 2013, 10:45:39 AM
That was the exact order.
Then I'm very happy.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 02, 2013, 12:34:16 PM
Are you psychic? =O
Maybe I just share the popular opinion. :P

I voted H, by the way. Sorry Wind but I was pretty sure F was going to win regardless.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

As people kept saying, the game wasn't that great when the beta or whatever version was out, so it's a good thing that it is delayed.

They should also change Beck's running animation a bit, it looks weird.

Hakudamashi

Or maybe he's delaying it so the TV show will launch first for more promotion.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Great news!
Quote"To all of our backers and fans of Mighty No. 9,

Firstly, I would like to say again how sincerely sorry we are for how long we have kept all of our fans waiting. We are finally able to deliver some long awaited news regarding Mighty No. 9. We have now confirmed the following release dates for Mighty No. 9: June 21st 2016 (North America & Asia) and June 24th 2016 (World Wide). We understand that as a result of the various delays we have disappointed and let down our fans, but we are happy to finally be able to deliver the game to everyone who brought us this far.

With the game having "gone gold" we are in the last final stages of being able to deliver it into your hands, be that via your favorite retail outlet, or via digital channels.

Therefore the release date we are announcing is set in stone and there will be no further delays for the game.

Portable versions for PlayStation® Vita and Nintendo 3DS ™ will follow at a later point.

It has been almost three years since the start of our Kickstarter campaign, which was only made possible through the support of our backers and fans around the world. This is a project where everyone's passions were combined in order to create something very special, and we are looking forward to delivering the final product to everyone who was involved. There can be no stronger connection between game creators and game fans.

Now that the dust has settled, we will be delivering Mighty No. 9 to everyone next month. How long will it take you to clear the main story on NORMAL? How many people are going to be able to clear MANIAC mode? What is going to be the fastest record for the time attack mode? We are looking forward to seeing the community answer all of these questions for us! Make sure to let us know your feedback and thoughts on the game through our SNS channels as you play the game. Your voices are what made this game possible, and we want to continue hearing what you think so that it may influence our future endeavors. "

-Keiji Inafune
Can't wait for some news on Red Ash.