Nintendo 2DS

Started by TheGameNinja, August 28, 2013, 05:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/new/

Nintendo has announced a new version of the 3DS, titled the 2DS due to it's key difference from the other two models of the 3DS: the 2DS lacks 3D capabilities. It releases on August 28, 2013 in North America and Europe. The console is also one solid piece, it does not fold. The buttons and circle pad are moved further up than on the 3D models. Sleep mode is now activated by a switch. The speakers only support mono sound (though the headphone jack outputs in stereo). While the system is incapable of displaying 3D images, it still sports two outward facing cameras that can take 3D pictures.

Also of note is that the console actually only has one screen. The plastic separating the top and bottom screens is purely cosmetic. The top screen is therefore technically a touchscreen as well, though it is covered by hard plastic and no (official) software would support touch outside of the lower screen.

http://www.destructoid.com/so-the-2ds-is-actually-just-one-big-screen-260933.phtml

xSalashawty

I thought this was a joke until I read the paragraph..

honestly I don't know how to feel about it, why would it be released under a "new version" of the 3DS when it's not even 3D with the exception of the picture-taking. Maybe I'm missing something - I'm ready to take on the lecture.

Well, it's something different to say the least. Intriguing, I suppose..

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

Elija2

It's cheaper and meant for kids.

dreamcasthime

Quote from: Elija2 on August 28, 2013, 06:24:03 PM
It's cheaper and meant for kids.
Yeah, it's meant for small kids who are bad at NOT breaking things. I've also heard that it isn't foldable to suit the better known design of tablets to children. Parents also complained about 3D hurting their children's eyes. But that is is still stupid because you can just as easily turn off 3D or put parental controls on it. Honestly, I think it's better to just pay the extra $20-$70 dollars for a 3DS or 3DS XL.

Hakudamashi

So now what am I to call this Nintendo handheld era collectively?

But this just goes to show that 3D really was just a fad...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 29, 2013, 04:27:43 PM

This is aimed at little kids. Nintendo already puts a label on all 3DS games saying that parents should not allow younger kids to use the 3D anyway. This is a nice product to have available for that reason.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 29, 2013, 04:27:43 PM

Mostly Kids play Nintendo.
Especially in the case of Handhelds.

Having a system that shouldn't be played under the age of (7? 10?) kills alot of buyers.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on August 30, 2013, 05:45:03 AM
Mostly Kids play Nintendo.
Especially in the case of Handhelds.

Having a system that shouldn't be played under the age of (7? 10?) kills alot of buyers.
Now that the 3DS is killing in sales they actually have the following and lineup to back the 2DS up.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 29, 2013, 06:35:29 PM
This is aimed at little kids. Nintendo already puts a label on all 3DS games saying that parents should not allow younger kids to use the 3D anyway. This is a nice product to have available for that reason.
It may be aimed at kids, but alot of adults and old school gamers will buy it too, especially those who hate hinges when they keep them in bags anyway.

And with no 3D tech in it, it'll be cheap... I hope...

Not to mention people who get sick when looking at 3D won't be missing anything.

I think this is a good buy.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

It's $130. You get what you pay for though. I hear the quality of the materials is cheaper. Something about the D-Pad and buttons being mushier than the other 3DS'.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Princessofthechaosemerald

When I first saw this post I thought it was a joke or something. But then I saw the pictures and it wasn't and I couldn't stop laughing I'm so sorry.

But this looks kinda cute, actually; you know, since it's aimed at little ones? I hardly ever use the 3D for more than five minutes in a game anyway. I just use it to see how it looks, say, "oh cool." and then turn it off. That's it. For $130 that's not that bad.

Link

TDFriend predicted the 2DS.

xSalashawty

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

sonicamyforever

the ugliest system ever id rather stick to the 3DS i also like folding the system i hate tablet things theyre annoying
i love sa2b