What do you think of Sonic Lost World?

Started by sonicfan55, August 12, 2013, 12:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

So I have some animal grinding to do before I could fight the final boss (yet another problem with this game) and ended up going back to get all the Red Rings I missed. Then I got the ones in the final boss fight and beat the game. So as of this post I've beaten Sonic Lost World. All I have left now is the Bonus World.

Just beat the last Hidden stage...well that was a thing.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Final thoughts? How much do you hate it overall?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

It sunk down to 50/50.

I figured I'd throw a review out when I'm not as tired.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I got used to the terrible controls and they began to seem much less terrible, granted they're still bad but they don't feel that way after awhile.

I still have plenty of shit to talk about with this game, though.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2013, 05:18:00 AM
I got used to the terrible controls and they began to seem much less terrible, granted they're still bad but they don't feel that way after awhile.
I say newcomers should dick around in Windy Hill acts1-4 for about 30mins to get used to it. Believe me, I was bothered by it at first too @_@. Didn't get used to it till Tropical Coast... then Frozen Factory happened...

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2013, 05:18:00 AM
I still have plenty of shit to talk about with this game, though.
You mean like the terrible conveyance, P.O.S. final boss, mood whiplashes of the story, the story in general, Frozen Factory, and that you need to get X Flickies to move on?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 27, 2013, 05:24:40 AM
I say newcomers should dick around in Windy Hill acts1-4 for about 30mins to get used to it. Believe me, I was bothered by it at first too @_@. Didn't get used to it till Tropical Coast... then Frozen Factory happened...
I don't remember the stages in Frozen Factory being that hard...outside of the second one.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 27, 2013, 05:24:40 AM
You mean like the terrible conveyance, P.O.S. final boss, mood whiplashes of the story, the story in general, Frozen Factory, and that you need to get X Flickies to move on?
Not to mention the numerous glitches, the fact that the parkour system doesn't even work nor does the homing attack and, for the love of God, who in the hell thought half of the things in this game were good ideas?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2013, 05:40:54 AM
I don't remember the stages in Frozen Factory being that hard...outside of the second one.
I'm talking more "Yay, I finally got used to the controls, now I'm having fun!"... then ice physics... and can't spindash... and can't attack when you jump while holding down the run button... now I'm a snowball...

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2013, 05:40:54 AM
Not to mention the numerous glitches, the fact that the parkour system doesn't even work nor does the homing attack and, for the love of God, who in the hell thought half of the things in this game were good ideas?
Glitches?
Parkour and Homing attack work for me... I actually go for the parkour routes, they tend to be the fastest, skip a lot of shit, and it's cool looking =U
Depends on which half we talking about.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 27, 2013, 05:47:04 AM
I'm talking more "Yay, I finally got used to the controls, now I'm having fun!"... then ice physics... and can't spindash... and can't attack when you jump while holding down the run button... now I'm a snowball...
I don't think I was used to the controls yet. I was finally found out how to walljump right before I fought Zavok the second time.

Glitches?

• If you homing attack an enemy that doesn't die in a single hit you'll sometimes get stuck inside them unable to move until you die.
  • In Desert Ruins Act 2 if you jump at one of the tunnels the stage will flip upside down. If you homing attack an enemy when this happens the gravity will switch with it causing you to die.
  • It is possible to clip through the pinball machines and fall to your death in the abyss below.
  • Jumping on certain objects will cause Sonic to never 'touch the ground', meaning you can't jump off and have to hope you slide off.
  • In Frozen Factory Act 4 I got stuck unable to clear a gap without Super Sonic because normal Sonic couldn't build enough speed.

And those are only off the top of my head.

Parkour and Homing attack work for me... I actually go for the parkour routes, they tend to be the fastest, skip a lot of shit, and it's cool looking =U
Have you tried getting the third Red Medal in Sky Road Act 1 the way you're supposed to?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2013, 05:57:35 AM
I don't think I was used to the controls yet. I was finally found out how to walljump right before I fought Zavok the second time.
I used my Super Metroid knowledge and figured out how to do it in Desert Ruins Act 1

• If you homing attack an enemy that doesn't die in a single hit you'll sometimes get stuck inside them unable to move until you die.
  • In Desert Ruins Act 2 if you jump at one of the tunnels the stage will flip upside down. If you homing attack an enemy when this happens the gravity will switch with it causing you to die.
  • It is possible to clip through the pinball machines and fall to your death in the abyss below.
  • Jumping on certain objects will cause Sonic to never 'touch the ground', meaning you can't jump off and have to hope you slide off.
  • In Frozen Factory Act 4 I got stuck unable to clear a gap without Super Sonic because normal Sonic couldn't build enough speed.
I haven't experienced any of those =U. You trying to break the game?

Have you tried getting the third Red Medal in Sky Road Act 1 the way you're supposed to?
Wouldn't be telling you about Super Sonic getting instant killed by bombs if I didn't...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 27, 2013, 06:02:42 AM
I used my Super Metroid knowledge and figured out how to do it in Desert Ruins Act 1
I need to beat that game.

I haven't experienced any of those =U. You trying to break the game?
Nope. Just exploring and getting used to the new systems. I thought Crabmeat could be killed by a homing attack. Haha, fuck me.

Wouldn't be telling you about Super Sonic getting instant killed by bombs if I didn't...
The reason I ask is because I actually used a roundabout way. You're supposed to run along the wall but I was only ever able to do that once. I ended up abusing what might have been another glitch.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2013, 06:06:47 AM
I need to beat that game.
You and me both. I have it on the Wii U virtual console... but then Spirit Tracks happened...

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2013, 06:06:47 AM
I thought Crabmeat could be killed by a homing attack. Haha, fuck me.
I used my combined Sonic 2 and Sonic Heroes knowledge to deal with those guys
Sonic 2 taught me that when you touch an enemy's weapon, regardless of you attacking it or not, you're gonna get hurt, and Sonic Heroes taught me that when you homing attack something, you have no control over where Sonic attacks. So when I saw the crabmeats, I had a hunch I shouldn't homing attack them...
Just goes to show how sh*t this game's conveyance is when I have to pull knowledge from all these previous games to understand what to do about anything...

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

tezzyman

that is true, but once you know how to take them out, it comes natural, sometimes doesn't it?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay