What do you think of Sonic Lost World?

Started by sonicfan55, August 12, 2013, 12:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tezzyman

i liked when tails reprogrammed the machine so he's still himself, and the things he did, that is genius

Ravenfreak

It's not that bad of a game, though I will say the Special Stages are a pain in the butt. I own the 3DS version and needless to say I almost got the first emerald but failed and felt dizzy afterwards. x.X

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

I need some f*cking therapy before I can be rid of it forever...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game.
I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Thankfully I only rented it, so I can return the thing. I don't trust anyone else's opinions on games, though.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

He also likes the Werehog so he's obviously one of the least sane people here.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I knew I was right not to recommend this game to you with your $50.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

I'd recommend the Wii U ver. to people like you n' Kyo n' Miles the Hedgehawk. Y'know, people that I'm positive that not only give a shit platformers, but are also willing to suffer through a few seemingly cheap deaths to learn how the game works.

The game's conveyance is shit.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 26, 2013, 11:01:04 AM
The 3D levels are just straight lines with few obstacles
And Generations was better in this department? I don't quite understand this point...

the 2D levels look linear and boring.
Why are 2D segments even in my 3D platformer?

The parkour mechanic has potential but isn't very intuitive,
True... until you start going for the red rings...

the shifting speeds mechanic seems unnecessary since Sonic's controls in the Adventure games already worked well for speed and platforming.
When last did you play SA2?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 26, 2013, 12:06:11 PM
Fairly recently. You think there are problems with SA2's controls that are fixed with the shifting speeds mechanic in Lost World?
Stopping

I run fast, I see something I wish to stop for, I try to stop, Sonic keeps going, I lose my focus, I fall to my death/run into an enemy. And stages like Crazy Gadget where I edge and edge, ever so slightly tapping the analog stick in one direction so that Sonic doesn't just slide off a platform, Sonic Heroes was specially bad with that.

This problem was for the most part remedied in Colours and Generations with the Stomp attack, but I still had trouble moving from a platform unless I was jumping like a maniac.

With this Run button, When I want Sonic to f*cking stop, he f*cking stops.

And don't come to me with any physics bullshit.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 26, 2013, 12:34:59 PM
Try pushing back or letting go of the analog stick next time.
Tugging the analog stick in the opposite direction either does one of two things when I try it.
1.Fuck all. At best, it makes Sonic do this awkward as heck 180 wide angled turn.
2.Sure, he does his little animation, I hear the screech noise, but he's still moving forward... into a bottomless pit.

Quote from: Elija2 on November 26, 2013, 12:34:59 PM
Maybe don't move the analog stick 100% in a direction if you want Sonic to move slower? Isn't that how most games do it? Why do you need different speed gears to properly control Sonic?
Do you take me for some retard? Of course I tilt the analog stick when I want to go slowly It tends to not matter for the most part. Either the game works like it's supposed to and Sonic does his little stumble animation so he doesn't fall off a ledge, but I swear, 90% of the time, no matter how slow I go, no matter how careful I am, it's like he just slides and goes wherever he damn well pleases.
The sliding, that god forsaken sliding, no matter what I do, Sonic just slides whenever I attempt to stop him to do anything slow paced.

I dunno if this Run button is the cause or not, but the point is, Sonic doesn't slip and slide whenever I want him to just sit still, and I don't have to wiggle the analog stick 4-7 times to get Sonic to face the right direction before I jump.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 26, 2013, 01:47:19 PM
Well then maybe Sonic Team should have tried polishing SA2's controls before ditching them and moving onto boost gameplay and now switching gears gameplay.
Sonic 06?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I could go on and on with all the problems that this game has but first my pride won't let me stop until I unlock Super Sonic.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.