What do you think of Sonic Lost World?

Started by sonicfan55, August 12, 2013, 12:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonicfan55

Title speaks for itself, I heard some people say they think the parkour gameplay looks awesome, some think is might suck.  Personally, I'm really excited! <3

DaHog

It looks like Sega's trying to appease Classic and Modern fans, as well as trying to attract Mario fans.

Trigger215

Quote from: DaHog on September 21, 2013, 05:32:21 AM
It looks like Sega's trying to appease Classic and Modern fans, as well as trying to attract Mario fans.
Of course they are, it is made by the Sega-Nintendo partnership launched a couple months ago..

Xyno76

I won't be able to pick it up on day 1, or 2, or probably even a month after it comes out... but I really want to see how this new mechanic works! SEGA always like to spice up and change gameplay, and I'm excited on how they have tweaked with the hedgehog engine! :D
I don't want a signature yet. I gotta think of a new one first xD

tezzyman

i can't wait to play it, i've been told its awesome, i've looked at the cut scenes, some of them i thought was, nice, but then i saw them capture and turn tails into a robot i thought no way, but man, i'm excited i can't wait to get it to play it myself!

Hakudamashi

Can I just take amount to praise how f*cking amazing this game's framerate is?
I got the Wii U version today btw.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 05, 2013, 03:51:34 PM
How does it compare to the 3DS version?
Comparing the Wii U ver. to the 3DS ver. is like comparing Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 to Sonic 06 when asked "Which 3D platformer should I buy?"

The framerate is amazing, Sonic controls great, and is responsive(providing you take a good 30mins or so out of your day to actuall adjust to the control scheme)
The level design, for the most part, is fun and replayable. Any level I didn't want to replay was because the level gimmick wasn't my cup of tea, and not the game being cheap(f*ck ice physics, and instant kill bombs @_@)
I can actually appreciate how good the soundtrack is, and the game is really pretty to look at.

I also personally like how they handled speed in this game. From what I've attempted, it is indeed quite possible to just blaze through every level like a Sonic game should, but unlike Generations and other previous Sonic games, this game REALLY makes you work for that speed. Using all the tools given to you, you got to make every jump, every "parkour" picture perfect, and master the art of transitioning from Spindash to Running. Cause f*cking up WILL cost you a life, but getting it right can allow you to beat a 2min30sec stage in under 30secs, 'Tis quite epic.
(This is of cource not counting those few "super gimmick" levels where the speed of the level is out of your control... cause someone thought auto-scrolling levels were a good idea...)

And you might not believe this, but this game is actually quite the challenge =U. Maybe I'm just not 100% used to the controls yet, but they really make lives count in this game, they even got rid of "get 100 rings to get an extra life" =U. Hell, I might be pushing it, but I'd almost compare it to Donkey Kong Country Returns, when you die, you're gonna call bullshit, but as you attempt it again and again, you start to "get it", then the level becomes a total pushover every other time you play it.

So yeah, the Wii U ver. is a good game, dare I say it's great game. I'm deeply enjoying it, got all the way to Zone 7 Act 2 then I had to stop cause this level is kicking my ass pretty hard...

The 3DS ver. can still suck a phat dick and die in a fire, and I hope I never see it again.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

I'mma delete it, remove the save file, and avoid the 3DS eShop until enough new games have arrived that it gets pushed back to some double digit page number.
Get the Wii U ver., fuck the 3DS ver.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 05, 2013, 04:41:52 PM
Well it's nice that you're enjoying it, but it's just another game that's getting in the way of you finishing VLR.
Pish Posh
I may be stuck on this level for now, but check it, I'll beat that level, then beat the game, while juggling VLR, and it'll be awesome.
What you and I should be worrying about, is whenever Soul Sacrifice becomes free on PS+. My brother has been wanting to play that game forever, and we only have one Vita to share between us =(
But it's not coming this week, so I should be able to finish it before then.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 05, 2013, 04:54:04 PM
But I can imagine that playing two story-rich games like VLR and Lost World at the same time can get confusing.
Lost World? Story-Rich?
It has a lot of cutscenes, one in the beginning and end of every level, but the actual story is quite simple, so there'll be no problem there.

At this moment, I'm not sure if I like Lost World as much as Sonic Unleashed, which I'm sure you guys know is my favourite game of all time... I will admit, I'm still getting use to the controls, I'm still lerning2parkour.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

No, that would be Jkid =P
Speaking of which, I have Jet Set Radio for both PS3 and Vita... haven't touched either...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 05, 2013, 05:24:58 PM
Wow, it's like you never play any of the games I like even though you have access to them.
Hey, I played and enjoyed 999 and VLR =V

It's more like, at first glance, they didn't interest me, I just need a good friend to get me to try them out is all...

I have my own tastes in games, so I don't exactly go searching for games outside of those tastes...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Oh C'mon, ONE mistake =U
I f*cked up that ONE time this whole year, gimme a break already >_<

And I do trust other people's tastes =P
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Well I'm sorry, they just didn't interest me at the time =U.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay