Splinter Cell Blacklist lacks Offline Co-Op on Wii U

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 06, 2013, 07:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Splinter Cell: Blacklist will not feature an offline co-op component on Wii U.

Producer Liu Jun has confirmed the news with NintendoLife, citing the pressure to ship the Wii U version alongside other platforms as the reason behind the missing feature. "In order to ship at the same time as the other consoles, we unfortunately weren't able to delve into this feature. But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles."

Ubisoft Shanghai is the lead developer on the Wii U version, which looks like it'll offer some useful WiiPad functionality when it launches later this month. Outside of the omission of local co-op play, the Wii U version features are identical to its PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 brethren.

Hakudamashi

What's the point of getting it sooner if it means getting it broken?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

I assume that a patch'll roll along down the line adding- and making the Wii U's offline a "asynchronous" one, like CoD and what-not.

Even if not, I assume the online component remains, so it's not the biggest loss in the world.

And I'd say "Just Delay it", but that would be a horrible idea, even less people would buy it then.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on August 06, 2013, 08:35:22 PM
And I'd say "Just Delay it", but that would be a horrible idea, even less people would buy it then.
Or they could pull a Ubisoft and delay all the versions just to satisfy the Wii U owners...
Ha...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay