Forgotten Reviews: Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar/Cybeast Falzar

Started by The Forgotten Alex, August 05, 2013, 01:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forgotten Alex

YOU KNOW WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO GO HERE! DONT GIVE ME THAT LOOK! WHAT? YOU WANNA GO? LE GO!

BECAUSE I'M ACTUALLY TOO LAZY AND THE BOXARTS ARE PRETTY DAMN HUGE FOR THIS!

Right-o! It's been a fun run, but its finally time for the Battle Network series to come to an end.
...Yes, I'm implying this Mega Man series actually had a proper conclusion. Because it did. Lets get on!

~The Story~

It's been a while since Lan and Megaman managed to completely take down the Dark Chip Syndicate, Nebula, and stop the production of Dark Chips. The world, with no more trouble, has turned peaceful again...

One day, during class at ACDC Elementary, Ms. Mari announces that a student will be transferring to a new area. The class is in shock! Dex turns around to ask Lan if he knows who it is...

:Y-You're kidding...!

Lan gets up to tell everybody that his dad got transferred, so he has to move to a new city. Naturally, everybody is heartbroken, espically Mayl, who already knew beforehand from Lan's mom.

That Sunday, it was time for Lan to leave ACDC Town. But not without a few words from Dr. Hikari, saying that they'll be able to visit. We get a tearjerking moment as everybody says their goodbyes to Lan. They then moved into the heart of Cyber City, Central Town.

Let's not forget, there's some organization that's about to bring up their plans again, and it could only be ran by one person...

~The Gameplay~

It's the last game of the series, so you would expect some major gameplay changes to end the series off strong! For one thing, your location is different, like stated earlier, Lan and his family have moved into a new town called Central Town.

:Gee wilikers Lan this place sure does look different!

This is now your central hub (Get it? Central Town?) for you to roam around. This also means that you're going to visit entirely new places (Adieu SciLab, we'll never see you again). This also means you'll meet new friends, one's a dick and the other is pretty much your Higsby for this game. Personally I prefer Mayl.

:Gee wow Megaman your battle sprite sure looks different!

The Battle System is actually noticeably better and faster. I mean really, everything runs so smoothly, just try it, seriously! Also new to this game is the new Cross System!

:Lan! Let's burn all of Cyberworld!
:You already did that joke, Megaman...

~Cross System~

Introducing Cross System! The upgrade to your Double Soul, which was an upgrade to Style Change. Cross System, in my opinion, is probably the best thing and it shouldve been used in more games. What does it do? Well...

• It can be activated without wasting a chip!
  • It only goes away when somebody hits you with an element that your cross is weak to, when this happens, you lose this cross for the rest of the battle
  • The best feature of them all has to be that IF YOU DONT GET HIT BY THE STRONGER ELEMENT, THIS CAN LAST FOR THE ENTIRE BATTLE, this feature is seriously amazing as it can really help you in a tight spot.

As with the last two games, Crosses vary depending on what version you're playing. I think Falzar wins in this category as its crosses are godamazing!

"But Forgotten, who is this Falzar and/or Gregar you speak of?"

FALZAR, AS YOU CAN SEE, IS A GIANT FUCKING FIRE-BREATING PHOENIX!

AND GREGAR, A GIANT POWERHOUSE CYBERDOG!

~BEAST OUT~

Depending on your version of the game, Megaman gets a new ability from these Cybeasts, allowing him to "Beast Out".

"RAAAAAAAWR!"

Both GBeast and FBeast have different abilities for eachother, Gregar being more on the offensive side, Falzar being on the defensive side. There's also a new feature that can combine your Beast Out form and one of your Crosses.

OKAY, THIS IS AMAZING!

However, your Beast Outdoes have a limit, when it ends, you'll revert back to Megaman, but if you try to beast out again...

BEHOLD, BEAST OVER!

BEAST OVER IS BASICALLY THE EQUIVALENT TO DARKINVIS FROM THE LAST 2 GAMES, IN WHICH MEGAMAN IS UNCONTROLLABLE AND STARTS ATTACKING WILDLY, HE CAN USE CHIPS, BUT ONLY IF YOU SELECTED THEM BEFORE YOU USE BEAST OVER!

~The OST~

Okay, I swear to god, every single song in this damn game is great, EVERY SONG! Dont believe me? Go listen to Central City's theme, or SkyComp's theme, you'll be hooked!

...Promise actually brings a tear to my eye everytime I listen to it.

~THE LAST SCORE~

Haha, yeah, that's literally it, I think I kinda half-assed this one, not sure if I would rewrite it later, but yeah. So, the series comes to an end. We've stopped flaming ovens, saved our friend from poisonous gas, stopped the net from being destroyed so many times, stopped an asteroid from heading towards earth, managed to take down an Evil Chip Syndicate, and managed to fully stop the WWW, and basically proved ourselves to be the greatest netbattlers out there, and I have to give this game a...

~10/10~

Battle Network, you started off strong, and ended strong. Oh, by the way, did I mention this actually concluded the series? Yeah. It actually got finished. No trapped on the moon shit or anything and then cancelling the third game, its done.

ITS BEEN A FUN RUN, BUT ALL BAD THINGS COME TO AN END, SO LETS FINISH THIS OFF HOW WE SHOULD!

EM WAVE CHANGE, ON AIR!
JACK IN, MEGAMAN, EXECUTE!

People asked.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ye Olde Swagfag