Forgotten Reviews: Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun/Blue Moon

Started by The Forgotten Alex, July 28, 2013, 09:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forgotten Alex

HEY YOU GUYS, MAJOR SPOILERS FROM THE THIRD GAME INCOMING, BUT IF YOU HONESTLY WANT TO GO AHEAD AND READ, DO IT, I'M NOT STOPPING YOU MR/MS/MRS.REBELBITCH

NOW IN FABULOUS RED CELESTIAL STAR AND BLUE LUNA MOON!

Here we are, the 4th game(s) in the series, unlike the other 5 games, these are the ones that are probably most hated, but since its my review, I'm going to give my honest opinions, let's dive into it, shall we?

~THE STORY~

Right-o! We're back with Lan Hikari, now in 6th Grade at age 12, and his NetNavi, Megaman.EXE. They deafeated the evil WWW organization last game, brought down Lord Wily and Bass, and managed to stop Alpha from destroying the net! Life sure is sweet! Nothing could possibly go wrong!

...Until the Space Organization NAXA (Yeah, it's called that), manages to get information that an Asteroid is heading towards Earth! The trouble doesnt stop here, as a newer organization manages to be born, Nebula, a evil chip syndicate that produces Dark Chips, unimaginable power for the sake of your Navi losing all control.

Will Lan and Megaman be able to stop the Evil Chip Syndicate Nebula and stop the Asteroid that's heading towards Earth? That's up to you, silly.

~THE GAMEPLAY~

The game plays similar to the rest of the series, with again, all new battlechips and gameplay style. As usual, you go around, get to the next point, beat a boss, get more chips and get progressively stronger! This game adds a few more changes from the last 3. For one change, due to events in the last game, Style Change is no longer available to Megaman, but he has a new Power that will help him.

I INTRODUCE TO YOU, THE NEW MECHANIC, DOUBLE SOUL (Also known as SOUL UNISON)

Double Soul is a power Megaman gets when he defeats a specific Navi in a tournament, in which his soul links with the other navi, granting him their Soul. Megaman can activate a soul in battle by sacrificing a certain chip corresponding to the element of the Soul. But the only catch? Double Soul only lasts for 3 turns, so be sure to use your souls when you need them most.

Also new to the game are Dark Chips, which appear after a certain point in the game. Dark Chips can grant you unimaginable power, but for a horrible price. Megaman will Be inflicted with a bug and LOSE 1 HIT POINT PERMANENTLY! It's up to you whether you want to choose the light side, or the Dark side (lolwut?).

Also new to the game is Megaman's Emotion Window, which shows his performance in battle. In his Normal State, he's completely unchanged. When you counter an enemy, you go Full Synchro, in which Megaman and Lan's brotherly bond comes out and grants Megaman the power to DOUBLE the next Attack Chip's power, but getting attacked loses this. So be sure to be evasive!

Megaman also has 2 other states, Worried and Angry. In his worried state, Dark Chips show up on your Custom Screen, its up to you whether you want to use them or not. His Angry State is the equivalent to Full Synchro, except when he takes massive amounts of damage from one hit. Both are activated by taking a certain amount of damage.

~DIFFERENCES BETWEEN VERSIONS~

Unlike the last game with its 5 version-exclusive Giga Chips, Red Sun and Blue Moon have many differences. One of them being that your tournament matchups are different, meaning that calls for different navis, ALSO meaning that each version has 6 exclusive souls.

"LETS BURN ALL OF CYBERWORLD, LAN!"

~GRAPHICS~

From this game onward, the games get a MAJOR graphical update, everything looks sharper and different...and not so unusually tall anymore. :p

~FINAL VERDICT~(?)

Battle Network 4, not the best game, not the worst, but I honestly have to give this game a...

~5/10~

Only because of the 3 New Game Pluses you have to do in order to get the full experience, and Blue Moon having a ever so broken scenario.

NEXT TIME, ON FORGOTTEN REVIEWS

MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 5: TEAM COLONEL
MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 5: TEAM PROTOMAN
MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 5 DOUBLE TEAM DS
People asked.