Persona 5

Started by shadowDOESrock, July 06, 2013, 12:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

Here's the new teaser that came with P4DAN.

Ioshyriku

I haven't played any of the 3D SMT titles but I'll tell you what I can.
-It still has demon conversation (which is absent in P3 and P4 sadly), but a little more diverse  plus giving the demons some stats judging your actions during the interactions like Happy, Curious, Scared or Angry. Hopefully this will be brought back in P5.
-The demons aren't party members anymore, you only use them to perform special skills.
-The plot is more psychological rather than philosophical like the main SMT titles. It's more light hearted, but it still gets really dark at some points.
-There are no alignments (Law, Neutral, chaos).
-The difficulty is lower, but the special bosses still kick you ass.
-In the P3 you can also send your party members to explore (find items stairs to other floors) and fight enemies by themselves without entering combat, not sure if this is in P4 as well since I only saw playtroughts of it and haven't played it yet.
-P3 and P4 also added some social interactions between the some NPCs and party members, (the latter giving you some bonuses like the character sacrificing for you, having the occasional special attack with you, etc), this will allow you to fuse stronger personas. I'm not sure if P5 will implement those.
I might add some other stuff to the list if I'll remeber them.

Ioshyriku

FUN FACT: The main theme is a remix of a song from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

I know it's a bit off topic but I want to keep this thread visible in case I'll post more news.

Ioshyriku

We get a new gameplay trailer, and I have to say the game looks amazing, it might be even better than Persona 2 was story-wise. Sadly you will have to wait a little longer since it's delayed for the next year.

The main character looks funny when walking, I wonder if I look the same walking with my hands in my pockets.

jkid101094

Quote from: Ioshyriku on September 17, 2015, 08:53:32 AM
We get a new gameplay trailer, and I have to say the game looks amazing, it might be even better than Persona 2 was story-wise. Sadly you will have to wait a little longer since it's delayed for the next year.
I hope it's less of a grindfest like Persona 3 was. I stopped playing P3 because I couldn't stand grinding anymore/

Quote from: Ioshyriku on September 17, 2015, 08:53:32 AM
The main character looks funny when walking, I wonder if I look the same walking with my hands in my pockets.
It's because he's moving faster than his animation would suggest. It's like if you swapped Sonic's run animation with his walking one.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 17, 2015, 09:07:01 AM
I hope it's less of a grindfest like Persona 3 was. I stopped playing P3 because I couldn't stand grinding anymore/
Although I have not played the PS2 version, the PSP one didn't feel grind heavy, either that or I really enjoyed the combat and did not notice it.
Quote from: jkid101094 on September 17, 2015, 09:07:01 AM
It's because he's moving faster than his animation would suggest. It's like if you swapped Sonic's run animation with his walking one.
Odd how I did not notice that, thank you for the explanation.

Ioshyriku

The opening song is complete now:

The main cast and their Personas (According to Persona Central):
Protagonist - Arsene
Ryuji Sakamoto - Captain Kidd
Morgana - Zorro (It's funny when you think about it)
Anne Takamaki - Carmen
Yusuke Kitagawa - Goemon

jkid101094

Not what I was expecting. Not only that but they got a different girl. I like her but hope they don't ditch the old one whose name I can't remember.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Do you mean the singer or the character?
If you mean the character, it is the same one.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

They usually have a different singer for every main Persona title except for 1 (although the remake had the same singer from P3, Yumi Kawamura) and 2 (except for the remake of Innocent Sin, which had Asami Izawa). The old ones may be featured in the anime adaptation or a spin-off.

Ioshyriku

It's also getting an anime adaptation. Which may be one of the reasons for the delay.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Ioshyriku on September 23, 2015, 07:52:21 AM
It's also getting an anime adaptation. Which may be one of the reasons for the delay.
Is it gonna be a prequel or what?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

I don't know, people have mentioned that the announcer is saying something related to it at the end of the new opening, but since I don't know Japanese...

NiGHTSfan

hey guys ive never played persona series how good is it because ive played some rpg games in the past liek rune factory and hyperdimension neptunia