Platinum Games: Concerned about the Nintendo Partnership

Started by shadowDOESrock, July 05, 2013, 12:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

About the Wonderful 101

First, Kamiya says he doesnt see any magazine previews, says stores aren't promoting the game because they don't really understand what it is. There aren't enough ads or awareness he says its not a cheap game to make either, he estimates that in terms of manpower and resources, they spent 1.5 times what they did on Bayonetta 1. He says in terms of "no one really gets the game, so there isnt a lot of hype" - The Situation is similar to Okami when they were with Capcom, he says.

If Nintendos Marketing department does not get a grip "The Wonderful 101" might become the biggest and most hurtful game Platinum Games ever has put together...

For those who dont know, Okami was a giant box-office bust which lead to the closure of Clover Studio, which back then was under the hands of Capcom. The Clover Guys founded a new studio afterwards called Platinum Games.

Clover is best known for Viewtiful Joe, Okami and God Hand.

Kamiya is head of Platinum Games.

Elija2

Nintendo have done a horrible job marketing everything Wii U-related. Game & Wario came out a few days ago and I haven't seen any marketing for it, and the console itself has been marketed horribly. Hopefully Nintendo step it up since they're desperate.

TheGameNinja

To be fair, most people that already have a Wii U probably know about this game. That said, I'm not all that interested in it.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 05, 2013, 09:38:16 PM
To be fair, most people that already have a Wii U probably know about this game. That said, I'm not all that interested in it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay