"Sega Spectrum" to be revealed at E3... what is it?

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 31, 2013, 06:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

The above image has appeared in japan... Now, it reads "A new world of entertainment" with a date thats... right in the middle of E3.

Rumors of a "Sega Spectrum" Console have been floating around since the beginning of the year, but this is the first something really official pops up.

Now, we can all... be sure that it aint going to be console. Not a real one anyway.
Current suggestions range from Sega's take on Steam - but for Japan - and to a legacy console (e.g Neo Geo X).

What do you guys think?

Hakudamashi

Anyone remember that SEGA project "Apple" thing some time ago?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

It was the project by SEGA that starred this girl in a classroom holding an apple if I recall correctly...

But anyway, it's nice to hear something non-Sonic related from SEGA every now and then...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 31, 2013, 07:05:48 PM
It was the project by SEGA that starred this girl in a classroom holding an apple if I recall correctly...

Oh, yeah. That.
The hell was that

Quote from: windlessusher on May 31, 2013, 07:05:48 PM
But anyway, it's nice to hear something non-Sonic related from SEGA every now and then...

Dude wha.
Sega has like a huge 2013 Lineup: Company of Heroes 2, Total War Rome 2, Castle of Illusion Remake

... and Aliens Colonial Marines, though that didnt turn out well... well.

And a bunch of big titles in japan-only

... i want a Jet Set Radio HD Collection.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 31, 2013, 07:14:18 PM
... i want a Jet Set Radio HD Collection.
F*ck that sh*t, Space Channel 5 needs some love.
Speaking of amazing SEGA rythm games, why haven't you guys played Rythm Thief and the Emporer's Treasure?

This game is f*cking amazing and would've been an instant classic if "Dark n' Gritty" wasn't the "in thing" nowadays...

Why the f*ck isn't Phantom R in Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed dammit?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ravenfreak

To be honest with you I believe this is fake... The "SEGA" logo looks like it's been typed with the Sega font, as opposed to the real logo. If you compare the "A" while using the Sega font to the A in the logo, it's slightly different. Here's the Sega logo:

Compare it to the A in that image, the two are slightly different. Though it would be pretty cool to see Sega coming back with a console, maybe after this gen is over with... since the Xbox One is probably going to flop anyway leaving Microsoft to drop out of the console business... well maybe. :V One can hope right?:V

Ye Olde Swagfag

... probably, definately fake.

Quote from: Ravenfreak on May 31, 2013, 08:19:53 PM
To be honest with you I believe this is fake... The "SEGA" logo looks like it's been typed with the Sega font, as opposed to the real logo. If you compare the "A" while using the Sega font to the A in the logo, it's slightly different. Here's the Sega logo:

Compare it to the A in that image, the two are slightly different. Though it would be pretty cool to see Sega coming back with a console, maybe after this gen is over with... since the Xbox One is probably going to flop anyway leaving Microsoft to drop out of the console business... well maybe. :V One can hope right?:V
How do you... :o

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Ravenfreak on May 31, 2013, 08:19:53 PM

You notice that shit?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ravenfreak

I didn't, it was actually someone else on a different Sonic forum so I decided to share it here. :V I honestly didn't see it until they pointed it out...