Xbox One

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 21, 2013, 07:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

DISCUSS!

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

TheGameNinja

Can their TV thing do anything the Wii U can't? It didn't seem like it to me, other than the switching between TV and the console. They basically made this whole event about one feature that Nintendo already did and Nintendo doesn't even talk about TVii anymore.

I have nothing but negative thoughts about this for now. Guess we'll have to wait til E3 to see some actual gameplay though, because other than that CoD trailer we saw no gameplay. Prerendered video doesn't show what a machine can actually do while you're playing a game.

And did you hear that Sony and Nintendo stock went up after the reveal? Microsoft's went down.

Elija2

To be honest, the used games thing doesn't bother me that much, considering it only costs 10 bucks to activate a used game and used games are already at a discounted price. As long as the majority of that 10 bucks goes to the developer.

The PS4 just looks more appealing to me. Plus there's no way I'm paying for the ripoff that is XBox Live.

TheGameNinja

The used game fee isn't a huge deal to me, but the game install being tied to one account is. Does that mean you'll have to pay a fee if you have multiple accounts on one system? Or what if you have more than one console in your home, do you have to pay a fee to use the game on both?

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 21, 2013, 09:47:33 AM

Sony, Microsoft....
What the fuck is wrong with you two?
Aren't these things extremely powerful? Why forsake your fans by not letting backwards compatibility be an option? Once their old PS3/360s break it would be a waste of time an money buying a new one so why ignore it?
Nintendo added backwards compatibility to their system...

Elija2

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 21, 2013, 10:46:55 AM
Sony, Microsoft....
What the fuck is wrong with you two?
Aren't these things extremely powerful? Why forsake your fans by not letting backwards compatibility be an option? Once their old PS3/360s break it would be a waste of time an money buying a new one so why ignore it?
Nintendo added backwards compatibility to their system...

To be fair to Sony, it would be a fucking mess to add PS3 backwards-compatibility to the PS4. At least they've provided the option of streaming your old games.

In a few years, the 360/PS3 will be $99 anyway, so it's not that big of a deal.

Gilly

Visually, the hardware looks like it would be older than the Xbox 360. And I don't see me spending hundreds of $ on a game system when my PC does all of the above. Just not necessary. It's sad, but game systems in my opinion are just not exciting anymore.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on May 21, 2013, 12:04:26 PM
Xbox One requires internet connection every 24 hours

Yeah, now the question is how credible a Kotaku article is. lol.
Either way, if it is true.

No thanks.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Elija2 on May 21, 2013, 12:04:26 PM
Xbox One requires internet connection every 24 hours

If that's true, I won't buy one. At least not for several years.

"There are many devices in your life that require the Internet to function,"

Name one. Besides a router.

The fee for playing a used game on the Xbox One is the full retail price of the game. This totally obliterates the used game market for Xbox One games.

Hakudamashi

Am I the only one concerned with the lack of start and select buttons on both the PS4 AND New Xbox controllers?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on May 22, 2013, 05:17:09 AM
Am I the only one concerned with the lack of start and select buttons on both the PS4 AND New Xbox controllers?
Oh thank goodness. I thought i was the only one that noticed that too.
I hope they don't expect the home button to count as a pause button.

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on May 22, 2013, 05:17:09 AM

I'm sure both controllers have a button that effectively acts as a start button. It just doesn't make sense to call it a start button anymore since it's used for pausing a game. Same with the select/back button, although that button was never useful to begin with.

shadowDOESrock

Well, i aint buyin' this.
PS4 it is.

Aside from that...
Yahoo having an interview with Major Nelson to clear things up in an half hour

TheGameNinja

I foresee either them standing their ground completely and the hardcore gaming community completely abandoning the console (I don't think this system will be tournament friendly, who wants to try and connect 15 consoles to a hotel wi-fi connection?) or M$ backpeddaling and taking back things they've said. Either way, I don't think we'll get any clarification on most of these issues until closer to launch. They're going to try to take gamers' attention away by showing actual games at E3. Which is great, but won't help if the console itself has these huge flaws.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on May 22, 2013, 07:40:16 AM
I'm sure both controllers have a button that effectively acts as a start button. It just doesn't make sense to call it a start button anymore since it's used for pausing a game. Same with the select/back button, although that button was never useful to begin with.
Clearly you've never played Borderlands

Post Merge: May 22, 2013, 01:32:17 PM

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

What about the developers?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Apparently the devs get fucked. Looks like someone won't have games from third party devs...*shot*

Also apparently after this announcement Wii U sales shot up by almost 400%.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 24, 2013, 09:08:04 AM
Apparently the devs get fucked. Looks like someone won't have games from third party devs...*shot*

Also apparently after this announcement Wii U sales shot up by almost 400%.

400%?
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/wii-u-sales-increase-in-uk/

jkid101094

This day is just getting better and better.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Why can't they just give us these answers. Being vague and giving different people different responses is not helping things. Different respectable news sites all have different information. And then they complain about misinformation being out there. THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY CONFUSION IF THEY JUST TOLD US THE ANSWERS.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Have you guys gone up to a person defending the Xbone and asked them to give you ONE reason to buy it over a gaming PC?
It's quite the adventure...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on May 28, 2013, 11:11:58 AM
Have you guys gone up to a person defending the Xbone and asked them to give you ONE reason to buy it over a gaming PC?
It's quite the adventure...
I would never buy a gaming PC.
Or in your case a gaming Laptop.

Hakudamashi

You're not getting an Xbone either.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on May 28, 2013, 04:58:39 PM
You're not getting an Xbone either.
It's unlikely i would get one.
But it's still possible.

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Nook? NOOK? WTF is this Nook and why haven't I heard of it till now?

Like, OMG, to be able to loan out a game you own you own to someone else, put a time limit on it, and be able to only do it once. What the downside to that?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ravenfreak

Well there seems to be tons of things already wrong with this console, and it hasn't even been released yet. :V I'm one of those gamers who likes backwards compatibility, I expect a newer console to be modified in a way to be able to play older games from the previous company's console. However I can see why it isn't backwards compatible... Next I don't like the fact that the console must be connected to the internet at least once a day, what if my ISP is working on my service and it's down? Two other things I dislike about the console is the fact that you have to install your game to the console's hard drive in order to play it... what's the point in even having a disc to begin with? (Yeah I know it's to save space but after the disc is installed unless you can install it on other consoles for free, it'll basically become a overpriced Frisbee...) the other point is the name. I get that the reason why it's called the Xbone is that it contains all forms of media into one package. I want a gaming console, not a media center. My choices for this generation is to save up to get a Wii-U and a decent PC to play PC games. At least then I can get the same games that are released for the Xbone, without having to buy that betamax player wannabe. Sorry to go out on a rant here guys, but this is how I feel about this hunk of hardware... :\

jkid101094

So apparently Amazon has this and the PS4 listed at upwards to $1000....

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

You should report that to Kotaku.

Oh wait, they already made a genius article about placeholder prices.

Ravenfreak

Whaa $1000? Are they insane or something? :V Talk about a placeholder price... :V Wonder where they came up with that price? xD Though I just read somewhere that Call of Duty: Ghosts is rumored to be $90 when it's released...

Ye Olde Swagfag

$1000 for a game console... seems legit.

Hakudamashi

Dat Wii U looking more appealing...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Anyone here considering buying one of these?

Hakudamashi

People have forgotten their consumer rights...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

My main problem with the Xbox One, discounting everything else, I'm willing to accept all of it other than this: due to the combination of used game restrictions, mandatory game installs, and 24 hour online checks, there will be no Xbox One "retro" market in the future once the console is no longer supported by Microsoft and all of the servers for it are taken offline. Due to the mandatory game installs, the day will come (after the console is no longer supported) when nearly every game will already be tied to a console. Used game restrictions will still be in place on the console, but there will no longer be any way for the licenses to be transferred between users. The 24 hour online check will kill the console the day after the servers go offline because there will no longer be any servers for the console to connect to in order to check in. The rest of the Xbox One's restrictions are bad, they set bad precedents for the game industry. But I could deal with it. I will not, however, buy a console that has a kill switch built into it that will cause the console, and every game on it, to be useless hunks of plastic and metal the day after the servers go offline. Granted, Microsoft could solve these problems with a simple firmware update. But this hypothetical update would no doubt come at the very end of the Xbox One's life cycles, right before those servers go offline. And that will be when I buy an Xbox One. At the death of the console, when it is finally worth investing in.

Remember, the day after the Xbox One's servers go offline every console will become a brick since it won't be able to check in. Well, I guess that's not fair. It will still be a Blu-ray player! Those TV features will probably be gone too.

shadowDOESrock

First of all, what TGN says it 100% true!

And second - check out the limited edition that you can win;

Yes, that is actually real.
That is so... "dishonest."

Hakudamashi

Still not sold...

So like, if this thing sells, doesn't that mean the argument "I'm not gonna buy a console just for one game" become invalid?
What I'm trying to get at is "Buy a Wii U you fuckers, it's got Bayonetta and Smash Bros."
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 15, 2013, 01:55:19 PM

Still not sold...

So like, if this thing sells, doesn't that mean the argument "I'm not gonna buy a console just for one game" become invalid?
What I'm trying to get at is "Buy a Wii U you fuckers, it's got Bayonetta and Smash Bros."

Yeah, i get what they're trying to do...
But i dont like it. At all.
If i wanted to go digital, i'd buy a fricken gaming PC and waste my money on things that i do not own on Steam.

TheGameNinja

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 16, 2013, 03:47:24 PM

this was already corrected by major nelson.
you'll only lose access to online gaming

TheGameNinja

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 16, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
this was already corrected by major nelson.
you'll only lose access to online gaming

Another case of Microsoft's own staff contradicting themselves over the Xbox One then.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 16, 2013, 09:11:58 PM
Another case of Microsoft's own staff contradicting themselves over the Xbox One then.

Yeah, i'm really curious whats going on there.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 17, 2013, 02:35:26 AM

i think microsoft is overestimating how lazy people actually are

Hakudamashi

They've also overestimated just how much bullshit we'll tolerate

We threw a fit over the DMC reboot, and that was just over the re-design of a character, what made them think they'd get away with this?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on June 17, 2013, 02:35:26 AM

Agreed but I honestly paid more attention to that guy's more than decent green screen.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 17, 2013, 04:45:13 AM
Agreed but I honestly paid more attention to that guy's more than decent green screen.
That guy's what?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Amazon.com ended the poll of who won at E3 between the Xbox One and the PS4 with the PS4 winning with 94.7% of the votes.
The retail giant set up the poll on June 13 following all the hype at E3 last week to determine which machine gamers were more interested in.

It was total domination for the PS4, with 38984 votes attributed to Sony’s console while Microsoft’s next-gen rig pulled in 2162. Amazon had originally planned to run the poll until June 20, though given the overwhelming number of votes in favour of the PS4, they cut it short.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Hakudamashi

The PR is already done, Don Mattrick already spoke, the Microsoft people are still arrogant asshats, it's still $500.00, it still forces Kinect on you, the PS4s are already pre-ordered.

This will fix nothing.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Well, its nice that they are doing it. Give credit where credit is due.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 19, 2013, 09:55:08 AM
Well, its nice that they are doing it. Give credit where credit is due.
Why were they forced to do this?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on June 19, 2013, 09:50:49 AM
The PR is already done, Don Mattrick already spoke, the Microsoft people are still arrogant asshats, it's still $500.00, it still forces Kinect on you, the PS4s are already pre-ordered.

This will fix nothing.

It fixes a few things. It's a start. It doesn't make up for the fact that they TRIED to do that, but at least it looks like your console will still work in 30 years. I'll get one eventually. PS4 still has priority if for no other reason that drive the point home to M$. Just because they solved a problem that they caused for themselves doesn't mean we're all going to forget that they tried to screw us over.

I'm willing to bet that they thought Sony would do the same thing. I think they either had some bad intel that Sony was doing similar things or thought that Sony would fall in line behind them. Or maybe they genuinely thought people were just stupid and wouldn't care. Or maybe THEY were just that stupid and didn't think about the ramifications of their restrictions 10 or 20 years in the future.

also this:
http://kotaku.com/surprise-xbox-one-drm-reversal-requires-day-one-patch-514419715

I hope they find a way to reimplement those features, they were interesting, especially the family game library thing. But it's a small price to pay and one I'm all too happy to accept for a console without a kill switch.

shadowDOESrock

must.
resist.
killer instinct.
crimson dragon.

=C

Mehillstillgettheps4becauseallmyfriendsare

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 19, 2013, 09:50:49 AM

This will fix nothing.

Of course it will fix something. They've addressed the biggest complaint about the XBONE. They've still got plenty of time until launch to get the word out.

Hakudamashi

If nothing else, I hope this shows everyone, especially people within the game industry whether fan or publisher, that whenever there's a problem you're uncomfortable with, don't be a fanboy and just accept it as is, don't be nonchalant and not caring about what's happen, be vocal, be active, vote with your wallet, and all good things will come.

Now if only we can do the same about DLC.

And hey, I hope Microsoft recovers and recovers BIG TIME and kicks it back to Sony for all that sh*t they been sprouting, cause it'll only make Sony attentive and keep working hard. Competition brings innovation... or something...

Now if only Nintendo gave just a tiny few more shits about their competition...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 20, 2013, 02:17:40 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/amazon-uk-xbox-one-pre-orders-pass-ps4-after-drm-u-turn/

wow
Good to know we have so many rich people among us...

I mean, Sony has f*cking Naughty Dog and are still losing...

But we'll see what happens after the consoles are out.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 20, 2013, 06:45:19 AM
Good to know we have so many rich people among us...

I mean, Sony has f*cking Naughty Dog and are still losing...

But we'll see what happens after the consoles are out.

Come on, a lot of people agree that Microsoft showed the better games at their E3 conference.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on June 20, 2013, 06:49:59 AM
Come on, a lot of people agree that Microsoft showed the better games at their E3 conference.
Microsoft still doesn't have Ratchet & Clank
Among many other IPs that I hold dear.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 20, 2013, 07:01:47 AM
Microsoft still doesn't have Ratchet & Clank
Among many other IPs that I hold dear.

Well, that's you.

Microsoft have their own IPs that some people prefer over what Sony has.

TheGameNinja

Actually, yeah, going by exclusives Xbox One beats PS4 at least for now. PS4 will have better exclusives in the long run though, at least for me (and I'm assuming several of you), since it will have a lot more support in Japan.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 20, 2013, 07:32:04 AM
Actually, yeah, going by exclusives Xbox One beats PS4 at least for now. PS4 will have better exclusives in the long run though, at least for me (and I'm assuming several of you), since it will have a lot more support in Japan.

This.

TheGameNinja

http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

The family plan thing was only going to give 9 of your friends a demo. We were led to believe that you would essentially have a digital game library that up to 10 people could access. Nope. It was just going to let the original purchaser have the full game. Your 9 friends only get a demo. What is even the point? I'm kinda glad we aren't getting that now. Who cares about that? Demos already exist!

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 20, 2013, 07:40:51 AM
http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

The family plan thing was only going to give 9 of your friends a demo. We were led to believe that you would essentially have a digital game library that up to 10 people could access. Nope. It was just going to let the original purchaser have the full game. Your 9 friends only get a demo. What is even the point? I'm kinda glad we aren't getting that now. Who cares about that? Demos already exist!

To be honest, a "up to 60 minute" demo of every game would be neat.
I can't really tell anyone online to test a game...

And only a very small fraction of games have demos. Like, a very freaking small fraction

TheGameNinja

I don't see why the removal of the DRM restrictions had to kill the family thing. Since we're not sharing the full game, who cares.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 20, 2013, 08:15:08 AM
I don't see why the removal of the DRM restrictions had to kill the family thing. Since we're not sharing the full game, who cares.

You're downloading the full game simply with a 60min timer.
You could easely trick that system if you would be able to go offline.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 20, 2013, 08:29:38 AM
You're downloading the full game simply with a 60min timer.
You could easely trick that system if you would be able to go offline.

How? Other than hacking the console.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 20, 2013, 08:40:19 AM
How? Other than hacking the console.

Well, with hacking the console.
It would be so easy for pirates. They wouldnt even need to illegally download ISOs anymore.

TheGameNinja

Hakudamashi

lol at people pissy that the DRM is gone...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 20, 2013, 07:40:51 AM

Aaaand that wasn't true. It really was the whole game. Still something they could do with digital games. And I'm sure they could work it out for physical games too.

http://kotaku.com/rumor-about-xbox-one-family-sharings-downsides-has-fla-534484570

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 21, 2013, 06:56:31 PM
Aaaand that wasn't true. It really was the whole game. Still something they could do with digital games. And I'm sure they could work it out for physical games too.

http://kotaku.com/rumor-about-xbox-one-family-sharings-downsides-has-fla-534484570
That's what Steam is for.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM
That nice and all, but after everything that's happened, why should indie developers go to Microsoft over Sony?

Multiplatform, more Revenue.

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on June 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM
That nice and all, but after everything that's happened, why should indie developers go to Microsoft over Sony?
Attitudes like this that drive me insane.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 24, 2013, 10:44:18 AM
Multiplatform, more Revenue.
This is what happens when you think with a closed mind, you end up looking like a jackass >.<
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

QuoteSpeaking with StickTwiddlers, a number of Microsoft staffers in the Xbox Live advertising division have shed light on the lessons learned through Xbox 360 adverts, and how this will be applied in Xbox One. It also places Kinect as a key part of the strategy.

Confirming that Kinect will use voice and facial recognition to tailor adverts on your console, one unnamed technical account manager said, “With the new Xbox One, the technology and Kinect has improved a lot, so that actually the voice recognition, the way you speak to your Xbox and the transition between gaming and watching TV is a lot smoother, and hopefully we can transpire [sic] that into advertising that we do.”

The strategy goes hand-in-hand with Microsoft’s ‘Nuads’ campaign, which resulted in adverts that housed interactive polls, as a way of making users feel like they were participating in adverts, rather than absorbing them passively.

The Microsoft employee added that Nuads, “transform passive TV advertising into something interactive, immersive, and actionable, redefining the relationship between consumers and brands with amazing new advertising opportunities”.

While this might all sound intrusive and that Kinect is spying on users to sell them products, one of the Microsoft employees stressed that the company does not want the technology and its customers to be abused. However, the volume of data captured by Microsoft and advertisers via Kinect is said to be significantly lower than the information recorded by game developers.

“This sort of works at two levels,” the Microsoft employee added. “There’s the game producers who have a different API, so a different set of code and system that they use, and they’ve got a lot more control of the whole thing, whereas from the advertising point of view we have a slightly more limited set, which is designed to protect the user. The company is very keen on protecting the user from any sort of abuse so we can’t do certain things.”

Because Microsoft is wanting to move Xbox One into the living room of families using Kinect, the device can â€" for example â€" recognise when there are many people in a room, and target adverts to families and people of varying ages.

Microsoft’s Senior Digital Art Director/UX Designer explained, “Xbox is moving more outside of the bedroom. We’re seeing much, much more people use it in living rooms where there is family, friends, there is lots going on, so there is a context of perceiving the content.

“It’s not like when you’re at work when you sit in front of a screen and your experience is very personal. But with Xbox, it’s lots of people in front of once big screen. They are playing or watching together and advertising is being consumed in a totally different way.”

They added, “On Xbox, the ad is part of the actual experience, it’s not something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the whole experience on the dash.

“So the users know that this is something that when they click on it, they won’t be hit by something crazy or something dangerous like on the web. Everything that lands there, we create.”

One source called the development of adverts for Xbox One “exciting”, because, “the 360 console wasn’t built with advertising in mind, it was more of an afterthought, so we’ve had to adapt to the technology and how we work to fit them in to the console, whereas this new one is going to have advertising in mind.

“So a lot of the limitations that we have now, hopefully the release of the boundaries will widened so the opportunities will be a lot greater.”

shadowDOESrock

Xbox One will no longer have the 10'000$ fee for Patches.

I actually think thats a bad thing...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 06, 2013, 09:47:23 AM
Xbox One will no longer have the 10'000$ fee for Patches.

I actually think thats a bad thing...
Hmmm, explain.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on July 08, 2013, 06:56:45 AM
Hmmm, explain.

I always thought that was like a "quality ensurance" - forcing the dev to release with less bugs...

Hakudamashi

I think those who were going to release a buggy game are the ones who don't care and would release it buggy regardless. If anything, now that's one less reason for games to be buggy cause now they can be ironed out once a fan spots it...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on July 08, 2013, 08:47:56 AM
I think those who were going to release a buggy game are the ones who don't care and would release it buggy regardless. If anything, now that's one less reason for games to be buggy cause now they can be ironed out once a fan spots it...

The ones who release a game buggy are probably also the once out for the money - chances are higher that they'd rather finish up a few bugs before release for a few thousand instead of various $10'000 patches plus the employee costs.

Hakudamashi

Soo, why is this a bad thing?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 08, 2013, 09:04:18 AM
Soo, why is this a bad thing?
LAZINESS!
DEVELOPERS ARE GOING TO BE LAZIER WHEN IT COMES TO TESTING FOR BUGS!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on July 29, 2013, 11:26:00 AM
LAZINESS!
DEVELOPERS ARE GOING TO BE LAZIER WHEN IT COMES TO TESTING FOR BUGS!
They aren't already?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 29, 2013, 04:14:30 PM
They aren't already?
Wind. It's possible to get lazier. Im just saying. it's possible. They can ignore updates for future products then use that as the excuse not to update.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on July 29, 2013, 04:18:51 PM
Wind. It's possible to get lazier. Im just saying. it's possible. They can ignore updates for future products then use that as the excuse not to update.
Then they lose fans, sales, they go bunkrupt and the rest of us move on to something else...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

So, Don is gone and everything is turning to the better.

Headset is now included.
Kinect isnt necessary anymore to be plugged in. (inb4 kinect-less version)

Already mentioned self-publishing before.

gg microsoft

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on August 12, 2013, 11:13:56 AM
So, Don is gone and everything is turning to the better.

Headset is now included.
Kinect isnt necessary anymore to be plugged in. (inb4 kinect-less version)

Already mentioned self-publishing before.

gg microsoft
Hmmm
On one hand, gg Microsoft, you've finally puuled your head outta your ass
On the other hand, and this is just me mind you, but I'm not liking the singularity that's happening amongst the consoles. With the rise of multiplats, and both companies delivering the same services, unless you're some hardcore collector, there is no point in getting both consoles. I fell it's robbing consoles of their identities...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Lol, Xbox One isnt launching in my Nation anymore this year, unlike originally announced.

gg

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 14, 2013, 10:58:41 AM
Come again?

QuoteXbox One Launch Markets Confirmed

Today we're providing an update to our launch plans for Xbox One. At Xbox, our goal is to provide the best games and entertainment experience possible and the team continues to make great progress on delivering Xbox One.

At E3, we announced that Xbox One would be available in 21 markets around the world at launch. This was an aggressive goal and the team has been working very hard to deliver Xbox One to as many markets as possible.

Our priority is ensuring our customers get the best Xbox One experience the first day it is available. To do that, and in order to meet demand, we have adjusted the number of markets that will receive Xbox One in November to 13 markets, including Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand, in November.

We remain committed to launching Xbox One in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, as soon as possible in 2014.

While we wish we could launch Xbox One simultaneously in these markets, there are many factors that determine the timing of specific market launches. This includes work to localize the Xbox One dash, incorporate additional voice and languages, and build partnerships to bring apps and meaningful local content to each country.

We understand this will be disappointing news for our fans in the impacted countries, and we are doing everything we can to bring Xbox One to you as soon as possible next year.

If you are in these markets and have questions about your pre-order, please contact the local retailer where you placed your pre-order. To show our appreciation for your patience, if you have already preordered an Xbox One Day One system before today in those countries, you will also receive a pack-in game with your console when it launches.*

Thank you for your patience – we are grateful for your support and remain committed to delivering the best Xbox One experience for your market.

news.xbox.com

TheGameNinja

Well the system is region free now. If you really want one, you could still get one.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 14, 2013, 02:59:41 PM
Well the system is region free now. If you really want one, you could still get one.

Nooo, this is fantastic!
This means all my friends will get a PS4 instead and I dont have to worry all the time if Friend X has Game X on the same Platform as I do!