Xbox One

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 21, 2013, 07:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

DISCUSS!

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

TheGameNinja

Can their TV thing do anything the Wii U can't? It didn't seem like it to me, other than the switching between TV and the console. They basically made this whole event about one feature that Nintendo already did and Nintendo doesn't even talk about TVii anymore.

I have nothing but negative thoughts about this for now. Guess we'll have to wait til E3 to see some actual gameplay though, because other than that CoD trailer we saw no gameplay. Prerendered video doesn't show what a machine can actually do while you're playing a game.

And did you hear that Sony and Nintendo stock went up after the reveal? Microsoft's went down.

Elija2

To be honest, the used games thing doesn't bother me that much, considering it only costs 10 bucks to activate a used game and used games are already at a discounted price. As long as the majority of that 10 bucks goes to the developer.

The PS4 just looks more appealing to me. Plus there's no way I'm paying for the ripoff that is XBox Live.

TheGameNinja

The used game fee isn't a huge deal to me, but the game install being tied to one account is. Does that mean you'll have to pay a fee if you have multiple accounts on one system? Or what if you have more than one console in your home, do you have to pay a fee to use the game on both?

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 21, 2013, 09:47:33 AM

Sony, Microsoft....
What the fuck is wrong with you two?
Aren't these things extremely powerful? Why forsake your fans by not letting backwards compatibility be an option? Once their old PS3/360s break it would be a waste of time an money buying a new one so why ignore it?
Nintendo added backwards compatibility to their system...

Elija2

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 21, 2013, 10:46:55 AM
Sony, Microsoft....
What the fuck is wrong with you two?
Aren't these things extremely powerful? Why forsake your fans by not letting backwards compatibility be an option? Once their old PS3/360s break it would be a waste of time an money buying a new one so why ignore it?
Nintendo added backwards compatibility to their system...

To be fair to Sony, it would be a fucking mess to add PS3 backwards-compatibility to the PS4. At least they've provided the option of streaming your old games.

In a few years, the 360/PS3 will be $99 anyway, so it's not that big of a deal.

Gilly

Visually, the hardware looks like it would be older than the Xbox 360. And I don't see me spending hundreds of $ on a game system when my PC does all of the above. Just not necessary. It's sad, but game systems in my opinion are just not exciting anymore.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on May 21, 2013, 12:04:26 PM
Xbox One requires internet connection every 24 hours

Yeah, now the question is how credible a Kotaku article is. lol.
Either way, if it is true.

No thanks.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Elija2 on May 21, 2013, 12:04:26 PM
Xbox One requires internet connection every 24 hours

If that's true, I won't buy one. At least not for several years.

"There are many devices in your life that require the Internet to function,"

Name one. Besides a router.

The fee for playing a used game on the Xbox One is the full retail price of the game. This totally obliterates the used game market for Xbox One games.