Nintendo Wants to See the Industry Burn?

Started by Hakudamashi, May 16, 2013, 07:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ye Olde Swagfag

shadowDOESrock

jkid101094

And once again we see the wild Wind jumping to conclusions as he is followed by a flock of sheep...

But in all seriousness this is hardly going to kill the industry. People probably won't LP as many Mario games but is that really that big of a problem?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 17, 2013, 07:44:28 AM
And once again we see the wild Wind jumping to conclusions as he is followed by a flock of sheep...

But in all seriousness this is hardly going to kill the industry. People probably won't LP as many Mario games but is that really that big of a problem?

For everyone who's "job" is to play games and talk over it, while having his silly face as thumbnail and calling it "original content" - yes.

You see, all of this was written in the YouTube Terms of Service. Someone should've seen this coming.
... but who reads the ToS.

jkid101094

Well they need to play a different game and stop complaining.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

So it's like, before when people did video walkthroughs of Nintendo games on Youtube, they also got paid for it. But now, that money is going to go to Nintendo, is that right?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2013, 01:17:41 PM
So it's like, before when people did video walkthroughs of Nintendo games on Youtube, they also got paid for it. But now, that money is going to go to Nintendo, is that right?

yes
real original content, like reviews (and other fun things) are unaffected.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Yeah, Kyo's right on that note.

Let's Plays violate so many terms and are close enough to breaking the law as is. People should stop bitching that they can't earn money for playing a game and just be happy that they can upload the videos in the first place. At least Nintendo isn't taking the videos down.

And it's only Mario. This doesn't even affect Zelda. Geez.

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2013, 01:52:43 PM
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Exactly what it sounds like.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

It means people need to get real jobs that doesn't involve thoroughly enjoying it.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay