Pacific Rim: American Kaiju / Giant Robot Movie

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 06, 2013, 09:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

YES! This looks amazing. I hope it does well.

Quote from: windlessusher on May 07, 2013, 03:52:21 AM
Where's my Megas XLR movie?

I'll let you know when I've got that in production.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 07, 2013, 09:11:13 AM
YES! This looks amazing. I hope it does well.

I'll let you know when I've got that in production.

I'm waaaaaaaiiiiiiiitiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

They should cross this over with the Godzilla reboot.

shadowDOESrock

I hope this does well in the box office.

Del Toro seems to be correct guy. I'd like to see more movies like this

TheSlender

Hope it's good!

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/124/a/9/chibi_shadow_2_dollars_by_midowko-d4yjyxg.gif

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: @HIDEO_KOJIMA_ENI have never imagined that I would be fortunate enough to see a film like this in my life.

The emotional rush I had inside me was the same kind I had when I felt the outer space via "2001: A Space Odyssey" and....

and when I had touched the dinosaur in "Jurassic Park".  Animation and special effects movies and shows that I loved in my childhood days -

they all truly exist in the screen. Director Guillermo del Toro offers this spectacular vision of massive kaijus and robots in PACIFIC RIM.

This film is not simply a film to be respected, but most importantly, it let us dream the future of entertainment movies.

Pacific Rim is the ultimate otaku film that all of us had always been waiting for. Who are you, if you are Japanese and won't watch this?

I hope you would accept this inspirational love letter that had traveled across the Pacific, written by Director Guillermo del Toro.

Well, guess what i'm going to watch

SmashFinale

TheGameNinja

Quote from: SmashFinale on July 06, 2013, 12:15:02 AM
Ok i'll ask.
What the fuck is Pacific Rim?

They couldn't get the rights to make a live action Evangelion movie so they just made it anyway.

SmashFinale

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 06, 2013, 03:40:02 AM
They couldn't get the rights to make a live action Evangelion movie so they just made it anyway.

Im scared to see the movie fail now.
Im scared to see any live action book/video game/ television series fail tremendously on the big screen.
And i dont even watch Evangelion.

TheGameNinja

This movie is amazing, best thing I've seen in a theater this year.

If they had just let loose and embraced the absurdity, this could have been a Megas XLR movie.

sonicman0

shadowDOESrock

sonicman0

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 12, 2013, 07:47:10 PM
Jaeger is just German for "Hunter".

I know. Eren was just the first thing I thought when I heard jaeger.

Princessofthechaosemerald

I saw this movie yesterday, sadly not in 3D; it would have been waaayyy cooler in 3D. It was pretty good, not the best, but it certainly was not bad. Was this really based off of an anime, though?

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: Maddie8D on July 15, 2013, 08:51:46 AM
I saw this movie yesterday, sadly not in 3D; it would have been waaayyy cooler in 3D. It was pretty good, not the best, but it certainly was not bad. Was this really based off of an anime, though?
I'm not sure if the film was based off an anime perse, but the concept seems pretty similar to the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 12, 2013, 04:04:17 PM
This movie is amazing, best thing I've seen in a theater this year.

If they had just let loose and embraced the absurdity, this could have been a Megas XLR movie.
Good to hear,I'll see it when I can.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Maddie8D on July 15, 2013, 08:51:46 AM
It wasn't directly based on anything, but it sure takes a lot of inspiration from giant robot anime.

shadowDOESrock

Amazing Movie.

The Good News; Toro already had a Scriptwriter writing a sequel.
The Bad News; $190m budget - $90m domestic, $200m foreign