Nintendo lost the game; not having an E3 2013 conference

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 24, 2013, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/25/no-nintendo-press-conference-at-e3-2013?abthid=51789e3d4382074829000024

After the news that the Wii U is tanking yesterday, Nintendo follows up with news that comes as a Shock to the most.

They will be be having a conference at the biggest, most influencal and important videogame expo.
Though, they seem to be confident that Nintendo Games launching at the end of this fiscal year will boost Wii U sales up to 9million.

jkid101094

Nintendo, please stop being stupid.

Edit:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/25/no-nintendo-press-conference-at-e3-2013?abthid=51789e3d4382074829000024

This link seems to explain more.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 24, 2013, 04:38:35 PM
Then why does mine have more on it?

Well, i added your link to the OP and also fixed the general text before some raging fanboy busts in.

Hakudamashi

I've never been more conflicted in my life.

They say they're just gonna focus entirely on showcasing software but... IT'S F*CKING E3
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Nintendo Direct is great and all, but E3 gets the non-gaming press's attention. This isn't Nintendo's best decision.

Then again, they don't usually do TGS. So I guess this isn't totally out of nowhere.

jkid101094

A quote from a friend of mine:

QuoteFrom what it sounds like, Nintendo has found that they have multiple target audiences when it comes to E3. They have the stock holders and investors who watch E3 for Nintendo's sales. There are the distributors and partners of Nintendo watching E3 to see how Nintendo will market their products. Then there are the English speaking Video game fans and the non-English video game fans looking for software that is going to be available in their specific regions.

Iwata makes it sound like they are simply breaking it up. Instead of having one big show where they try to appeal to everyone, they'll have a spawn of smaller shows to appeal to specific audiences. So they'll have a closed session for the investors, which probably makes the investors more happy due to Nintendo feeling more inclined to get into the grit of their sales figures. And then they'll have one for their distributors. And then it gets a bit unclear what they're going to do for the public. Iwata confirmed that Japan is getting a Nintendo Direct, so I bet the other non-english speaking countries are getting a direct as well. So that leaves the English countries and their press. The press will be getting a hands on event... but Iwata completely neglects what Nintendo has planned for us. Reading between the lines it sounds like they're going to have a press show, but it will only focus on games coming to NA (UK and Australia will just get screwed) and won't focus on sales figures; their goal is to show off their software.

So Nintendo is showing a conference, its just more corely focused on software and our specific market. Considering Iwata was just made CEO of NoA today, this new hyped focus on NA from Nintendo makes sense.

So the question is, do they have more or less to show? I think this actually means that they have more to show than usual and this is a method of getting the fluff out of their show. Although I can see it being seen the other way around, especially considering how the misleading news titles are.

But I'm also dead tired, so maybe I don't know what I'm saying and this just looks like I'm rambling on about nothing.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Again, that's ignoring the general public, the people that generally don't think of themselves as "gamers." That audience has always been a target for Nintendo, and their failing to hit them with the Wii U is what's making it struggle. Yeah, we'll all get Wii Us once Pikmin 3 comes out, but to everyone else this is just an upgraded Wii. They still don't realize that this is a new console. That name was the biggest mistake Nintendo could have made and it might cost them this console generation, despite their early release.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Link

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Well since Nintendo announced beforehand that they'd be showing a new Mario and Smash Bros game, the only new announcement was the new Donkey Kong game. I don't know why they'd kill their own hype like that, it would have been a great surprise. No new third party announcements either, which just goes to show how few games the Wii U has coming. Pretty dissapointing overall, but I wasn't expecting much either.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 11, 2013, 05:58:00 AM
And then Nintendo won E3.

Lolno.
Sony.
Sony by miles.

TheGameNinja

Nintendo didn't lose though. They were as Nintendo-y as ever.