Anime "Yukikaze" gets live-action adaption with Tom Cruise

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 16, 2013, 08:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Studio Warner Brothers has optioned the rights to a series by Chōhel Kamayashi which have already been adapted into five acclaimed anime films for the home video market, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The saga centres on a planetary defence force which fights back against alien invasion by setting up bases on the extra-terrestrials' home world, using a wormhole over Antarctica. Yukikaze is the name of the advance reconnaissance fighter plane used by the series' hero on many of his missions.

Not alot is known aside from the fact that it will star Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise is also starring in another sci-fi japanese adaption of a light novel called "All you need is Kill"

As for Warner Brothers, Warner is also planning to adapt "Death Note" and "Bleach" into live-action (hollywood) movies in near future.

TheGameNinja

So... that's great and everything, but... why? Why this show? I've never even heard of it. I've never heard of it. I guess they weren't looking for something that could get traction with name recognition.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 16, 2013, 10:51:13 AM
So... that's great and everything, but... why? Why this show? I've never even heard of it. I've never heard of it. I guess they weren't looking for something that could get traction with name recognition.

I looked it up.
It wont best OVA at the TAW in 2003 and 2006...
Its just 5 ~30Min OVA Episodes released over a long span of time...

...maybe its just really popular in Japan?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.