Shingeki no Kyoujin... Only the greatest Anime ever.

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 12, 2013, 07:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Episode 2... blew me away once more.

Well, i certainly know what i'm gonna buy on blu-ray and re-watch on the couch with friends on ze big TV.
The Directing is amazing. The Animation. And that music.
Some "shots" seemed really familiar to me though... so i googled the director

> Tetsuro Araki
> Director Black Lagoon
> Director Death Note
> Director Kurozuka
> Director Highschool of the Dead
> Director Guilty Crown
> Director Attack on Titan

Oh. My. God.

jkid101094

Eh, maybe I'll give it a shot when I don't have to download it.

I like my gritty anime but I much prefer stuff like Haruhi or Persona 4 that's lighthearted and silly, even if there are some gritty bits mashed in.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Okay, so Crunchyroll is also streaming it. New episodes are only for subscribers, but they open to non-subscribers after a week once the new one is out. I don't know if Funimation will be doing the same thing or not.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 14, 2013, 05:14:55 PM
Okay, so Crunchyroll is also streaming it. New episodes are only for subscribers, but they open to non-subscribers after a week once the new one is out. I don't know if Funimation will be doing the same thing or not.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

funimation doesnt do the same thing i know because i used to watch the shows on the site u cant even watch DBZ u have to be a fucken subscriber to watch the damn show

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 14, 2013, 06:36:29 PM
funimation doesnt do the same thing i know because i used to watch the shows on the site u cant even watch DBZ u have to be a fucken subscriber to watch the damn show

No, not all of their shows are subscription only. I watched most of Eureka seveN AO on Funi's site and I'm not a subscriber. Most of One Piece is free too.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 14, 2013, 06:41:40 PM
No, not all of their shows are subscription only. I watched most of Eureka seveN AO on Funi's site and I'm not a subscriber. Most of One Piece is free too.

still i like to download the shows as torrents not watch them on the internet

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 14, 2013, 06:43:52 PM
still i like to download the shows as torrents not watch them on the internet
I don't think you understand.
You can't compare the legal thing to a torrent...

billyhatcher312

Quote from: LeaflameSD64 on April 14, 2013, 06:54:58 PM
I don't think you understand.

dude i do understand but funimation makes their fucking money off of the dvds they sell so why do they make us subscribe to watch other shows?

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 14, 2013, 07:00:07 PM
dude i do understand but funimation makes their fucking money off of the dvds they sell so why do they make us subscribe to watch other shows?
Because they are a licensed company.
It would be illegal for them to release the anime for free, unless they have bought the rights to it.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 14, 2013, 07:00:07 PM

Advertisements! Those ads pay for that stream to be made! And then you get to watch for free! And if you pay for a subscription, you don't have to watch ads. That entitled attitude is what is KILLING the American anime industry. It's why companies like Central Park Media and Geneon went out of business, or companies like ADV have to restructure just to stay in the game. Too many young anime fans don't realize that if they don't pay for anime, anime will go away. All that will remain is fansubs, and where's the fun in that? Files on your computer isn't as cool as a big bookshelf full of physical anime DVDs. And if you don't support legal streams, there won't be legal streams. You'll be back at the mercy of fansubbers. Fansubs have a place, but they aren't supposed to replace legal streams, they're supposed to be for shows that don't get licensed, old shows that will never get licensed, and countries that don't get access to legal streams (and even then there's ways to get around region blocking). Anime isn't like music or movies that have huge mobs of people that will always pay to get the new CD or whatever. Anime has a small audience, and the vast majority of them all know how to get anime in ways that the anime companies don't want you to get it. And if we all do that, there won't be anime in America anymore, at least not legal anime releases.

Hakudamashi

Such passion T_T

Sorry Kyo, I'm just not feeling this show

I'll come back to it sometime in the future where I'm not annoyed by "dark and gritty".
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 15, 2013, 09:16:22 AM
Such passion T_T

Sorry Kyo, I'm just not feeling this show

I'll come back to it sometime in the future where I'm not annoyed by "dark and gritty".

d'awww...
Ironically, i feel like i'm the exact opposite of this. (But only in the case of Anime.)
Probably because i watched so much cutsie-pie moe... crap previously. lol.

It annoys me in games and movies though too. Everythings dark n' gritty.
For me, i kinda like the Indiana Jones / Dragonball / Bleach-Style where it can get really dark and gritty, but still really lighthearted and fun inbetween.

I hope you enjoy it whenever you get back to it. I have a feeling this might even get into my favourites list.
Though, i am not sure if this style of "serious" can sustain two whole seasons...

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 15, 2013, 11:10:21 AM
d'awww...
Ironically, i feel like i'm the exact opposite of this. (But only in the case of Anime.)
Probably because i watched so much cutsie-pie moe... crap previously. lol.

It annoys me in games and movies though too. Everythings dark n' gritty.
For me, i kinda like the Indiana Jones / Dragonball / Bleach-Style where it can get really dark and gritty, but still really lighthearted and fun inbetween.
You know, I'm the same way except I lean more towards softer anime.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 15, 2013, 11:52:54 AM
You know, I'm the same way except I lean more towards softer anime.

did u ever watch sailor moon when it was on toonami

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 15, 2013, 11:57:14 AM
did u ever watch sailor moon when it was on toonami
The main character is a blonde female, I'm 98% sure he has seen it.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay