Arise, Ghost in the Shell

Started by shadowDOESrock, January 21, 2013, 12:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

A Follow up Anime Series to "Stand Alone Complex", "2nd GIG" and "Solid State Society".
Exact release date to be announced, though the current year as air-date has been confirmed.

Personally, i havent seen the Anime-Shows and only the original movies "GitS" and "GitS Innocence".
But, i'm still somewhat curious for this since i havent seen anything truly great out of Anime lately.

Aside from Amnesia and Psycho-Pass. Kudos to Draco on the prior.

TheGameNinja

Stand Alone Complex is great, ESPECIALLY 2nd Gig. I hope this is as good. Art style's... different, but whatever.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 21, 2013, 12:42:02 PM
Stand Alone Complex is great, ESPECIALLY 2nd Gig. I hope this is as good. Art style's... different, but whatever.

Its the Art Director of "Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence" and not SaC - he is also chief director in the new show.
The Original Director of the whole SaC-Series isnt attached.

Writer is the guy who wrote the Mardock Scramble Movies.

TheGameNinja

I haven't seen Innocence, is it any good?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 21, 2013, 01:23:00 PM
I haven't seen Innocence, is it any good?

From an artistic standpoint, its fantastic. Probably the best Animation and Art i've seen in Anime to this point.
As for the general writing...
Its generally as good as Ghost in the Shell 1, but it feels like there is a sequence missing towards the end. Thats a minor complaint though.

I personally prefer it over GitS1 because of the stellar Animation and Art.

TheGameNinja

The Major's facial proportions look... odd, like her eyes are too big. I'm used to anime characters having big eyes, but the rest of the characters have smaller eyes. It makes her head look weird.

But the animation's great. Looking forward to it.

Hakudamashi

So why does Major get a noticeable redesign, but everyone else, for the most part, look kinda the same?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay