Bleach (2004 - 2012 JP, 2006 - 2015 US)

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 27, 2012, 02:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Well, the Anime Show Bleach has ended and the Manga is currently in the "Final Arc" - which also is the only Arc missing from the Anime.

16 Seasons
366 Episodes
4 Theatrical Movies

Did anyone here follow Bleach? Wha'cha think about it?
Do you think they will ever animate the "Final Arc"?

Wha'cha think about the final anime season? (which apparantly was really unpopular and resulted in the cancellation of the show.)
I thought it was the best season yet.

As of December 8, 2012, The Bleach dub on Adult Swim's Toonami will be on an 8 week hiatus, according to Toonami's Tumblr.
The Dub is currently at Episode 281.

TheGameNinja

Yep, the hiatus is so they can get more dubbed.

I stopped trying to follow the anime after the Soul Society arc. I still watched it when it was on, but I didn't make time to watch it every week.

The manga I stuck with through the Arrancar arcs just hoping it would get better but it just sunk lower. It wasn't what I wanted to be. I wanted Bleach to basically be a monster-of-the-day show. Not arc after arc of rescue the princess while we pretend its not Yu Yu Hakusho and DBZ squished together WITH SWORDS.

shadowDOESrock

well, the whole "rescue" the princess thing ended with the arrancar arc when Ulquiorra dies.
But i admit, i also stopped to watch at some point in the arrancar arc because it was just... not Bleach. It was Dragonball Z.
I just recently finished it because i had nothing to do.

In my opinion Kubo should've ended it when Aizen dies.
And why does Urahara kill Aizen in the end and not Ichigo. :L

But the Arc (atleast in the Anime) where Ichigo tries to gets his powers back; "Fullbring Arc" was one of the better things i've seen in Anime in recent memory. I recommend to watch those final 22 Episodes. xD

It doesnt really feel like "Bleach" anymore at that point, but i found it to better than the actual Bleach Tone.
Maybe i just really liked that Arc because i'm sucker for stories that actually affect and challenge the psychology of the main character.

That or because i think everything sucked arse in anime in the past two years.

Also, what is this Yu Yu Hakusho Show. Everyone talks about it, i've never even seen Artwork of it. :L

Hakudamashi

Also f*ck Bleach

For starters, it's ANOTHER anime about high school brats with teenage problems who sacrifice their education to get a real job in favour of saving otherworldy problems that noone will recognise.
Also, it had it's own identity at the beginning, then just turned into another DBZ heavy action ultimate power animes...
opening up possible romance couples that will NEVER get any closure.
Creating a bunch of characters that have nothing to do with nothing.
Ichigo miraculously getting more power in small amount of time.

After they saved Rukia, I was f*cking done.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on January 13, 2013, 01:04:12 PM

Also f*ck Bleach

For starters, it's ANOTHER anime about high school brats with teenage problems who sacrifice their education to get a real job in favour of saving otherworldy problems that noone will recognise.
Also, it had it's own identity at the beginning, then just turned into another DBZ heavy action ultimate power animes...
opening up possible romance couples that will NEVER get any closure.
Creating a bunch of characters that have nothing to do with nothing.
Ichigo miraculously getting more power in small amount of time.

After they saved Rukia, I was f*cking done.

But... they dont. They never sacrificed education. Infact, Ichigo has a Job in the final season.
And unlike Krillin, every character had some sort of really important relevance in Bleach.

Also, Ichigio didnt gain any power past the saving of Rukia and died by the hands of Ulquiorra.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 13, 2013, 01:18:22 PM
But... they dont. They never sacrificed education. Infact, Ichigo has a Job in the final season.
And unlike Krillin, every character had some sort of really important relevance in Bleach.

Also, Ichigio didnt gain any power past the saving of Rukia and died by the hands of Ulquiorra.
It was only a part time job if I recall. I also recall that at the start of that arc he was even doing random jobs for his classmates to make money.
What was the point of Keigo or his sister? What is the point of that red-headed lesbian? What was the point of that lieutenant of Squad 4? Or having 2 lietenants for Squad 12?

Krillin has more relevance in the first arc of Dragonball alone than most of the Bleach characters.
Ichigo is a soul reaper, a vizard, an arrancar and a Quincy. What takes everyone else years to master, this kid does in a few hours. Only got his powers for a year and is beating masters who have been practising their entire lives.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on January 13, 2013, 01:34:50 PM
It was only a part time job if I recall. I also recall that at the start of that arc he was even doing random jobs for his classmates to make money.
What was the point of Keigo or his sister? What is the point of that red-headed lesbian? What was the point of that lieutenant of Squad 4? Or having 2 lietenants for Squad 12?

Ichigo is a soul reaper, a vizard, an arrancar and a Quincy. What takes everyone else years to master, this kid does in a few hours. Only got his powers for a year and is beating masters who have been practising their entire lives.

I'm talking about the main characters. I might as well ask what was the point of the Australian RR Soldier in Dragonball.
Also, Squad 12 only had 1 lieutenant.

Ichigo isnt a Quincy nor an Arrancar nor a Vizard. lol.

Also, he never really beat anyone?
He didnt really defeat anyone but Grimmjow and Ginjo either.
Ichigo doesnt even defeat the main villian of the Series. lol.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 13, 2013, 01:45:44 PM
I'm talking about the main characters. I might as well ask what was the point of the Australian RR Soldier in Dragonball.
Also, Squad 12 only had 1 lieutenant.

Ichigo isnt a Quincy nor an Arrancar nor a Vizard. lol.

Also, he never really beat anyone?
He didnt really defeat anyone but Grimmjow and Ginjo either.
Ichigo doesnt even defeat the main villian of the Series. lol.
I don't appreciate authors who bother to give characters names and make them do nothing.

Derp, I meant the Squad with Captain Ukitake which has no lieutenant but rather this guy amd small chick who act like they're the lieutenants.

The f*ck are you talking about? He is... The Hollow powers while being a soul reaper makes him a Vizard, the soul reaper powers while he goes full hollow mode makes him an arrancar, unless I'm not understanding correctly, and the Quincy... I read the manga illegally, Ichigo is part Quincy.

Ichigo beat Renji, Kenpachi, Byakuya, Ulquiorra, Grimjow, he f*ck up Aizen, he just couldn't deal the killing blow cause of that stupid philosopher's stone.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on January 13, 2013, 02:08:21 PM
I don't appreciate authors who bother to give characters names and make them do nothing.

Derp, I meant the Squad with Captain Ukitake which has no lieutenant but rather this guy amd small chick who act like they're the lieutenants.

The f*ck are you talking about? He is... The Hollow powers while being a soul reaper makes him a Vizard, the soul reaper powers while he goes full hollow mode makes him an arrancar, unless I'm not understanding correctly, and the Quincy... I read the manga illegally, Ichigo is part Quincy.

Ichigo beat Renji, Kenpachi, Byakuya, Ulquiorra, Grimjow, he f*ck up Aizen, he just couldn't deal the killing blow cause of that stupid philosopher's stone.

Rukia is the Lieutenent of the Squad with Ukitake.
Vizards are Shinigamies turned into half-soul reaper, half-hollow beeings by Aizen.
Arrancars are a level of Hollows.

And the whole Quincy thing seems to happen in the Manga beyond the point where the Anime ended and i havent read that.

Also, Ichigo "beat" none of these.
That was the Hollow.

By the end of the Show, his Getsuga Realm has become completely flooded out of his despair of not being able to actually save anyone actually by himself - instead it was always the Hollow.

Also
"I don't appreciate authors who bother to give characters names and make them do nothing."

...what? Basically, you dont appreciate any Bigger TV-Show and Movie-Series ever?
It just happens that every Squad has Lieutenant, but that doesnt mean all of them need an important role in Ichigo's Tale.

Do you also "not appreciate" George Lucas for naming all the Jedis in Episode 1 to 3?
Do you also "not appreciate" the writer of Sonic Unleashed for giving Eggman's Personal Robot a Name?
Do you also "not appreciate" Bram Stoker for giving an old guy who merely is in the Book "Dracula" for a few lines a name?

The Universe of Bleach is huge and a breathing and moving World, stuff isnt merely in a self-contained bubble.
And thats one of the things i like about Bleach, you never know whats going on beyond whats happening to Ichigo.

There is always something moving beyond our picture, which we might never experience or only hear briefly about.
We're merely following a small tale in a huge universe.

Hakudamashi

Rukia is the lieutenant now, but there was no lieutenant before the time skip because they were grieving about Kaien Shiba.

Sure, the hollow did everything, whatever.

I didn't say they needed to be important to Ichigo, I just have a personal gripe with named characters in a fictional world doing nothing.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on January 13, 2013, 06:21:30 PM
I didn't say they needed to be important to Ichigo, I just have a personal gripe with named characters in a fictional world doing nothing.

Its not that they're doing nothing, its that you dont know them - just like you do not know who and what everyone is in your School.
A Living, Breathing World. Some you get to know, some you wont.

But Okay.

shadowDOESrock

Well, Kubo's drawing skills improved over the past years. lol.

Actually, supposed to be the difference betwen 15year old ichigo and 18year old ichigo.<
Or Bleach ala 2001 and ala 2013.

TheGameNinja

It took Bleach 12 years to cover 3 years.

SmashFinale

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 19, 2013, 07:39:55 PM
It took Bleach 12 years to cover 3 years.
It took The Last Airbender 3 years to cover 10 months.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 19, 2013, 09:19:13 PM
It took The Last Airbender 3 years to cover 10 months.

That didn't have a new issue/episode coming out every week.

Meme Master Flex

shadowDOESrock

So, this Hollywood Bleach Movie that was announced in '12 by Warner Bros...
Is it still a thing?