Previous topic - Next topic

Silverdash

fromchmm

Friend got me interested, now it's nostalgia

overlander

I got hooked on my first sonic game: Sonic Adventure DX and the rest is history

MarioMover

An odd combination of things for me.
The first was an ad for Sonic X re-runs on Nickelodeon.
Around that time I saw the ad, I was obsessed with retro gaming and emulation. I had only heard of Sonic the Hedgehog in 'The Ultimate History of Video Games' by Steven Kent. (Great read, by the way.) I downloaded a ROM and Kega Fusion, tried it, didn't think much of it, but I enjoyed it.
Then, I saw Cobanermani456's let's play of Sonic Generations. I fell in love with the game from that video, pushing me to play all of the other Sonic games I could. As I played them, I grew quite fond of them.
And that leads me to today, where the Sonic franchise is my favorite and Sonic Generations PC stands as my favorite game of all time.

pokaaa

Quote from: shadowDOESrock on December 10, 2012, 05:45:52 PM
A Topic like this probably already exists, but i'm asking again.

What made you a sonic fan?
Sonic Heroes and Sonic x did the thing!

MegaGenesis

It was after i moved with my family to another State, i was 6 years old. On of my new friends at the new school had a Mega Drive with Sonic 1 on a 10 in 1 cartridge, and Sonic 2, so i used to play these games at his house. The son of one of my mom's friend had a Master System with Sonic the Hedgehog, which i mostly played since i got my own SMS some years later. I remember watching Sonic SATam and Sonic Underground on TV and recording it on VHS. Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3D Blast i discovered through one of my cousins, he had a Mega Drive emulator with tons of ROMs, but it played without sound.
♪ Rolling staaaaart! ♪

detectiveflamey

sonic 2 plug and play when i was like 5

Lazyalex06

For me it would probably be Mania that made me a fan

Shadow 1346

Felltankr

I played sonic and the black knight.

StarSpectrum228

It was my 1st Sonic Game The Sonic mega collection On the PS2 then not only that i Watched a lot of sonictubers And Sonic OVA as well

Soniso

baconesp