What made you a Sonic Fan?

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 10, 2012, 05:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grell Desu

This website, actually. I wasn't really much of a Sonic lover when I first joined. I just liked to play the games a little bit. Enough to ship the characters and take an interest in cosplaying a few one day. But coming on here about three or so years ago and watching everyone on the chat... the discussions they all had about everything. Well. It got me curious.

So, I sat down and did more than just breeze through the games. I played them all over again, and I paid attention to everything... and I fell in love with the Sonic series. Granted, LoZ is still the best thing ever for me, but Sonic does hold a place in my heart. I made new friends through those games and this site. c:

DarkOverlordSJ

Watched Sonic X with Shadow in that episode. He got me hooked onto sonic. Without him i would be a amy fan which then i would have hated sonic. Got a shirt with him on it. To this day he is still my favorite Sonic Character.
"People carry delusions of having power, but it's a lie. They are but sheep pretending to be wolves. Though I admit, I can understand why." — Young Xehanort

billyhatcher312

when i first played sonic advance on GBA i loved the gameplay it was amazing but a little hard to beat

ScorchinBuggy25

5 or 6 years back, I remember my family and I visiting our cousins for a cook-out. My cousin owned a copy of Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the Xbox, so I popped in the console and gave it a go. This was the first time I've ever played a Sonic game, and I thought to myself, "This is it. This is true happiness :')" On my birthday I asked for a copy of the game I played at my cousin's house and enjoyed every second of it. My grandmother also got me Sonic Unleashed for PS2 at the same time, so I played both and compared the gameplay to each other. The rest is history :D.

SupaSpeedySonic

defenitly sonic classic collection

DoSonix

Playing Sonic heroes and shadow the hedgehog

starwalker

JustAnotherGamer

What made me a Sonic fan? Well, I regret nothing, but to be honest...

Sonic '06

I troll you not, this is how I became a fan of Sonic. I had friends who I played Sonic Adventure with, and years later I saw this sitting on the Gamestop shelf and I was like, "Well, if this is anything like Sonic Adventure, It must be fun." I bought that copy of Sonic '06 and played that buggy load-fest till I beat that game. Once again, a couple years later, I got curious and Google'd up sonic games. I wasn't expecting 06' to be declared, "Liek the wurst sanic gaem evrr." Sadly, that is the only 3D sonic game I own to date, so I had nothing to compare it to personally. But hence, I decided to purchase on Steam, the ultimate Sonic the Hedgehog title: Sonic 3 and Knuckles. After playing through that monster I can definately call myself a Sonic fan. Even if I didn't scrape every penny off my shoes to buy new games and consoles. If I had an Xbox controller, I would have bought Sonic Generations by now. I learned my lesson on how poorly some PC ports handle control wise when I played Dark Souls. Beat that game with a keyboard and mouse and I will respect you as the God of All Videogames. But yes, 6 years of PC gaming and I don't have a controller. It's embarrassing.

Toad5x

I first started with the GBA remake of sonic 1

MasterJ

Watching Sonic Underground as a child... I fell in love with the show... wish they never cancelled it...

AtomicSpinDash

I was a 3 year old kid and my dad bought me 3 sege genesis s every time my little bro breaks them
he would get me a new one
Sonic is gg

Tailsthefox

lozphx

Playing sonic 3 with my brother when I was only 5 years old

SuperSonicBoom

Played Sonic unleashed in first grade and then love playing it.

RazoRTR

Watching Sonic cartoons combined with Sonic Adventure DX being the first commercial PC game I've ever played.