What made you a Sonic Fan?

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 10, 2012, 05:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

A Topic like this probably already exists, but i'm asking again.

What made you a sonic fan?

TheGameNinja

Got a Genesis for Christmas. It came with Sonic 2. That's about it.

Riot_Monsterous

The Adventures of Sonic the hedgehog was pretty much my favorite tv show when it came out o-o
Though I didn't seriously get into it until after I played Sonic adventure 2 battle.

jkid101094

Haven't we already asked this be-

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 10, 2012, 05:45:52 PM

Oh.

Same answer as last time. I don't remember. I found a Genesis case for Sonic the Hedgehog in my attic but I don't recall ever playing it as a kid. If I had to guess I'd say either AoStH or the Sonic OVA.

I kind of remember playing 3D Blast as a kid but I'm not sure how well I can trust that memory.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Green Mii

Well, I remember getting Sonic Mega Collection on Gamecube for Christmas. I thought it was amazing, so I kept buying any Gamecube Sonic games. Also, Sonic X was awesome.

PhantomTrevo

I'd have to say that Sonic Heroes got me into it, along with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.  The Chaos you can raise in that game are cute.  too bad I lost my memory card, which wiped out all of my chao from that memory card. :(

Elija2

I played a Sonic game and I liked it.

SirnaqTheEchidna

I remember getting a dreamcast. It was like a dream come true. We had Sonic Adventure and I would sit there all day and play, even though I barely made progress. The music sticks with me to this day :D
... and with that, the forgotten echidna, the other guardian of Angel Island, set off to find Knuckles. :P

SuperSonic23

I watched Sonic X when I was little. Most of my friends had Sonic Advance, too. It grew bigger when I bought Heroes for PC in the 5th grade. I got Unleashed for the Wii and Xbox, and that got me sailing.
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

eastport

Been playing it since I was three or four. I can't really remember how my addiction got started, but I've loved the classics for as long as I can remember.

Megaman123

Darth.Flipyap

I played my dads copy of Sonic 3 when I was little
D.Flipyap

Dax7

The gameplay from Adventure series made me into one.
3ds owner and Animator in training.

HoNk

After all the Pre-K games, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was my first REAL game.
I got it and I played it over, and over.
I've been a strong Sonic fan since.
:o)

Shilz

Sonic Adventure for DC. I have no idea if it was becuase it was like SM64, Or it was becuase I heard the sonic x theme when i was little(i also can hear the guy singing "kirby", as he was my favorite before sonic.) All i know is:
FUCKING BEST 2 YEARS OF MY LIFE 2006-2008. Then the jacks for the dreamcast got messed up.
Spent 2 years with no Sonic Adventure.
2010: bought SADX. (for my Wii) And Pirated SADX for PC.
Awesome by accident- Profish™.

Grell Desu

This website, actually. I wasn't really much of a Sonic lover when I first joined. I just liked to play the games a little bit. Enough to ship the characters and take an interest in cosplaying a few one day. But coming on here about three or so years ago and watching everyone on the chat... the discussions they all had about everything. Well. It got me curious.

So, I sat down and did more than just breeze through the games. I played them all over again, and I paid attention to everything... and I fell in love with the Sonic series. Granted, LoZ is still the best thing ever for me, but Sonic does hold a place in my heart. I made new friends through those games and this site. c:

DarkOverlordSJ

Watched Sonic X with Shadow in that episode. He got me hooked onto sonic. Without him i would be a amy fan which then i would have hated sonic. Got a shirt with him on it. To this day he is still my favorite Sonic Character.
"People carry delusions of having power, but it's a lie. They are but sheep pretending to be wolves. Though I admit, I can understand why." — Young Xehanort

billyhatcher312

when i first played sonic advance on GBA i loved the gameplay it was amazing but a little hard to beat

ScorchinBuggy25

5 or 6 years back, I remember my family and I visiting our cousins for a cook-out. My cousin owned a copy of Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the Xbox, so I popped in the console and gave it a go. This was the first time I've ever played a Sonic game, and I thought to myself, "This is it. This is true happiness :')" On my birthday I asked for a copy of the game I played at my cousin's house and enjoyed every second of it. My grandmother also got me Sonic Unleashed for PS2 at the same time, so I played both and compared the gameplay to each other. The rest is history :D.

SupaSpeedySonic

defenitly sonic classic collection

DoSonix

Playing Sonic heroes and shadow the hedgehog

starwalker

JustAnotherGamer

What made me a Sonic fan? Well, I regret nothing, but to be honest...

Sonic '06

I troll you not, this is how I became a fan of Sonic. I had friends who I played Sonic Adventure with, and years later I saw this sitting on the Gamestop shelf and I was like, "Well, if this is anything like Sonic Adventure, It must be fun." I bought that copy of Sonic '06 and played that buggy load-fest till I beat that game. Once again, a couple years later, I got curious and Google'd up sonic games. I wasn't expecting 06' to be declared, "Liek the wurst sanic gaem evrr." Sadly, that is the only 3D sonic game I own to date, so I had nothing to compare it to personally. But hence, I decided to purchase on Steam, the ultimate Sonic the Hedgehog title: Sonic 3 and Knuckles. After playing through that monster I can definately call myself a Sonic fan. Even if I didn't scrape every penny off my shoes to buy new games and consoles. If I had an Xbox controller, I would have bought Sonic Generations by now. I learned my lesson on how poorly some PC ports handle control wise when I played Dark Souls. Beat that game with a keyboard and mouse and I will respect you as the God of All Videogames. But yes, 6 years of PC gaming and I don't have a controller. It's embarrassing.

Toad5x

I first started with the GBA remake of sonic 1

MasterJ

Watching Sonic Underground as a child... I fell in love with the show... wish they never cancelled it...

AtomicSpinDash

I was a 3 year old kid and my dad bought me 3 sege genesis s every time my little bro breaks them
he would get me a new one
Sonic is gg

Tailsthefox

lozphx

Playing sonic 3 with my brother when I was only 5 years old

SuperSonicBoom

Played Sonic unleashed in first grade and then love playing it.

RazoRTR

Watching Sonic cartoons combined with Sonic Adventure DX being the first commercial PC game I've ever played.

ShadowCM

My first personal experience with the Sonic franchise came from the fact that the Nintendo Gamecube was my first home console, and Sonic Mega Collection the first game I owned, so I ended up playing it a lot over time, and gradually over the subsequent years getting all the available Sonic games for the console, and most on the Wii when that came about some years ago. While in more recent years many people have pushed me out of the "diehard fanboy" mentality, I still can sit down and enjoy these games I played as a kid with no problem.

In short, it was my first game.

SonicMobius01

I grew up with Sonic. Been playing these games since I was 7 years old. 30 now :D.

snowman

Knuckles and sonic's go with the flow attitude

NinjaSan1023

When i was little (3) my cousin gave me his GameCube and I sonic was my favorite from that point on  :D
!

Killercobra159

xXtrollfaceXx123

When I was playing Sonic flash games and then I become intrested in it.

jerbear64

The speed of it.

Everything's super quick. It's a reflex test.

SonicJR.Forvilus

Well when I was 5 my bigger brother hooks up the tv so I can play Sonic 1.

BigT

when i first played sonic heroes ages ago

Niko

Having his games as my first 2 ever. Replaying them and his other games just give me such a huge feeling of nostalgia :D

AzraelGaming

the sonic x cartoon got me into sonic

HighFlyingFox

Once I played Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 for the DC, there was no going back for me.

BlueFlare

The Sonic Classic Collection on DS.

Surfshack Tito the Hedgehog

the first I've ever played was sonic 06. it went from there...

Silverdash

fromchmm

Friend got me interested, now it's nostalgia

overlander

I got hooked on my first sonic game: Sonic Adventure DX and the rest is history

MarioMover

An odd combination of things for me.
The first was an ad for Sonic X re-runs on Nickelodeon.
Around that time I saw the ad, I was obsessed with retro gaming and emulation. I had only heard of Sonic the Hedgehog in 'The Ultimate History of Video Games' by Steven Kent. (Great read, by the way.) I downloaded a ROM and Kega Fusion, tried it, didn't think much of it, but I enjoyed it.
Then, I saw Cobanermani456's let's play of Sonic Generations. I fell in love with the game from that video, pushing me to play all of the other Sonic games I could. As I played them, I grew quite fond of them.
And that leads me to today, where the Sonic franchise is my favorite and Sonic Generations PC stands as my favorite game of all time.

pokaaa

Quote from: shadowDOESrock on December 10, 2012, 05:45:52 PM

What made you a sonic fan?
Sonic Heroes and Sonic x did the thing!

MegaGenesis

It was after i moved with my family to another State, i was 6 years old. On of my new friends at the new school had a Mega Drive with Sonic 1 on a 10 in 1 cartridge, and Sonic 2, so i used to play these games at his house. The son of one of my mom's friend had a Master System with Sonic the Hedgehog, which i mostly played since i got my own SMS some years later. I remember watching Sonic SATam and Sonic Underground on TV and recording it on VHS. Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3D Blast i discovered through one of my cousins, he had a Mega Drive emulator with tons of ROMs, but it played without sound.
♪ Rolling staaaaart! ♪

detectiveflamey

sonic 2 plug and play when i was like 5

Lazyalex06

For me it would probably be Mania that made me a fan

Shadow 1346

Felltankr

I played sonic and the black knight.

StarSpectrum228

It was my 1st Sonic Game The Sonic mega collection On the PS2 then not only that i Watched a lot of sonictubers And Sonic OVA as well

Soniso

baconesp