This F*cking Game

Started by Hakudamashi, November 07, 2012, 11:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

So I bought the PS3 Ver. of this recently, so I can play the f*ck outta it at my own pace and see if it's as bad as people say it is. Currently I need to do the Night stage of Arid Sands. But before  I give my rant on the biggest problem I have with this game(besides the f*cking framerate), just one more time, I wanna hear what you guys think of the PS3/Xbox360 ver. of this game.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

The Forgotten Alex

I honestly had no problems...

Aside from Medal Hunting and Adabat's cheap tricks
People asked.

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on November 07, 2012, 11:06:23 AM
So I bought the PS3 Ver. of this recently, so I can play the f*ck outta it at my own pace and see if it's as bad as people say it is. Currently I need to do the Night stage of Arid Sands. But before  I give my rant on the biggest problem I have with this game(besides the f*cking framerate), just one more time, I wanna hear what you guys think of the PS3/Xbox360 ver. of this game.
Ah, one again, framerate is a problem. AGAIN... Like usual...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 07, 2012, 02:02:26 PM
Ah, one again, framerate is a problem. AGAIN... Like usual...
Although I find it wierd that as Sonic the Hedgehog the framerate drops very rarely, but as Sonic the Werehog... sheesh...

Post Merge: November 12, 2012, 07:12:41 PM

I refuse to believe only 2 people in this forum has played the PS3 ver. of this game.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

The Forgotten Alex

Quote from: windlessusher on November 10, 2012, 07:49:06 PM
Although I find it wierd that as Sonic the Hedgehog the framerate drops very rarely, but as Sonic the Werehog... sheesh...

Post Merge: November 12, 2012, 07:12:41 PM

I refuse to believe only 2 people in this forum has played the PS3 ver. of this game.

Believe it

"BECUZ EXBAX IS BETUR DAN DAT SHITY PS3 HUEHUEHUEHUE"

Something like that...I think?
People asked.

jkid101094

I played it on my Wii. Fuck your bitches.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Fine, whatever, HD ver, the version with the continuous boost and the BS Eggmanland, gawd.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Well, since this forum has taken a liking to letting threads die, I'll just post my review then...

WHAT I LIKE

Day Stages
Everyone loves the f*cking overrated day levels, I don't wanna talk about em, but I will mention that I like that you don't have to upgrade Sonic at all to beat most of the missions in these stages, and you sure as hell don't need to to beat the story.

Hub Worlds
Quite frankly, I love the hub worlds. They're small and concise (save for Spagonia maybe), everywhere you need to go is close together, and the townspeople, at least for me, were interesting to talk to 95% of the time.

Night Stages
You guys know how I feel about these levels, but I'mma talk about them again anyway. I love the night time stages. The Werehog, for the most part, is pretty responsive to my button presses, checkpoints are evenly placed, and they contain a nice blend of combat and platforming, even more so than most beat-'em-ups which promise the same thing. The move list I found to be well varied and fleshed out, so it's not like you learn the next move and forget about the previous ones, but each move feels like it works with a different scenario. And maybe it's just me and my history of action games, but the Werehog levels, save for Rooftop Run, seemed to run at a comfortable length, when I spend my time searching for stuff I finish a level is about 25-30mins, but when I just have fun and rush it, it ends at like 5-8 mins, especially if he's upgraded.

Medal Grinding
Quite frankly, at least in my playthrough, there wasn't any. They give you well more than enough in the Werehog stages alone, plus if you stick to the "S Rank Path" as I call it in the day stages, then you'll leave with at least half the medals. I also like how once you pick up a medal, you never have to worry about it again, as in, you can pick up a medal and exit the stage and you'll stick keep that medal.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

Day Stages
fuck this stage

Hub Worlds
Now this is where my biggest problem with Sonic Unleashed is thaat bothers me the most, it's atmosphere is f*cked. Here we have little areas with fairly interesting people and atmospheric music with realish locales. I also like how themed everything is and how nicely is all fits together and comes into place... but then the sun goes up... and you turn from the original duo of Werehog and Chip to... Sonic the Hedgehog, then you get painfully reminded "Oh yeah, this is a Sonic game". It bothers me to no end how Out of place Sonic, Tails and Amy are, especially in Rooftop Run Day Act 2 where suddenly you had to gather the Chao, the Chao felt out of place, that they don't belong in Europe, they felt more like cameos, and that's a BIG problem to me. I'm playing a Sonic game, why do the Sonic characters feel like they shouldn't be there? It doesn't bother me during the night time cause Werehog doesn't look like Sonic, doesn't play like Sonic, doesn't sound like Sonic, so I have no problem just pretending he's an original character in this new beat-'em-up/RPG IP made by SEGA with a cameo of Amy Rose from the Sonic Universe as she stays there at Shamar doing nothing, but then you get to the day time stages where you're Sonic again and your sense of atmosphere is ruined...

Night Stages
The inconsistent camera, the framerate drop, and I'm very dissapointed at how short Dragon Road and Jungle Joyride are >:(. I also hate how you can't "power down" the Werehog, or there's no option to have the levels scale with you...

Medal Grinding
As painless as it is, it still really shouldn't exist in a Sonic game... or any game for that matter coughmario3dlandcough.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 14, 2012, 05:22:59 PM
I havent experienced any framerate drops on the 360.
But i also never have 100% beaten it because fuck searching for medals.
The Xbox 360 locks it at 30FPS, the PS3 ver. can go up to 60FPS, but drops to 30FPS when sh*t goes down

And what? You're too cool to treasure hunt?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 15, 2012, 09:20:30 AM
Tedious as hell.
I find medal collecting really fun post game, but they really shouldn't have made it that we need some to progress through the story. Granted they give you WAY MORE than you need, but still...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 15, 2012, 11:01:45 PM
I had to find like 20 medals to progress and i had no clue where they are.
If you dont look out for them from the getgo, you're basically fucked.
And when you start looking for them, you feel like a retard when you realise they're all over the f*cking place...

Wait, was it you who was trying to defend medal collecting is Super Mario 3D Land?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on December 16, 2012, 02:16:28 PM
And when you start looking for them, you feel like a retard when you realise they're all over the f*cking place...

Wait, was it you who was trying to defend medal collecting is Super Mario 3D Land?
Probably Tana.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on December 17, 2012, 01:54:55 AM
That was me.
K

Well, as I was saying, I hate the mandatory medal collecting as much as the next guy, but it's not a deal breaker since they give you way more than you need to  finish the story.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

JayRj

I actually like it, the only problem I have is the stupid night fight music that replays constantly and gets boring at some point.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: JayRj on February 24, 2013, 05:24:38 AM
I actually like it, the only problem I have is the stupid night fight music that replays constantly and gets boring at some point.
PS3 ver. allows you to change the music...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on February 25, 2013, 08:05:18 AM
PS3 ver. allows you to change the music...
So 360 and PS3 have that advantage over PS2 and Wii?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 26, 2013, 12:26:32 AM
So 360 and PS3 have that advantage over PS2 and Wii?
Actually, if you have the right cables you can also change the music on the Wii
So really, only the PS2 ver. has he repetitive Werehog battle music problem.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Wind... i just got the game.

Werehog sucks. Dick. HUGE dick.
Mandatory Medal Collecting? Seriously? It's impossible! Sonic moves too fast and the enemies spam too much!
I cant take it anymore! I, returning this game for a full refund.
UGH...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 04, 2013, 12:24:08 PM

Mandatory Medal Collecting? Seriously? It's impossible! Sonic moves too fast and the enemies spam too much!
UGH...
Sucks for you, this is still my favourite Sonic game, nay, my favourite game of all time.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 04, 2013, 12:24:08 PM

UGH...
Forgot to ask which version you got.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 05, 2013, 02:51:00 AM
u can tell i have both ps3 and ps2 versions
He meant me.

While i bought the Xbox 360 version, i mostly played the PS3 version (at my friend's house). Not gonna lie here, both version had crazy framerate problems but the PS3 seemed to do it more frequently. Especially Werehog's stages.

And i finally understand what they mean by Crimson Carnival Hell. Dat shit. Was Sadistic.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 06, 2013, 12:43:19 AM
i hate eggman land that level is a pain in the ass bitch i also hate abdat day stages ur right on the frame rate it slows down alot on that level
But Adabat was so... awesome. It was crazy high-octane speed. I just loved it.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 06, 2013, 04:31:00 PM
But Adabat was so... awesome. It was crazy high-octane speed. I just loved it.
Im happy to know you didn't hate  everything about this game

And I enjoyed Crimson Carnival just by the fact tjat Eggman finally made his city he's been on about since Sonic Adventure
I WANTED it to be as hard, sadistic, and frustrating as possible to serve as a reminder to never want Eggman to win again. And I enjoyed every sadistic second.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Yeah i enjoyed Adabat. But i enjoyed Skyscraper Scamper more.
Great music, amazing level design, high octane speed and no slowdowns. Easily my favorite level in the game.

Hakudamashi

I find Rooftop Run to be my favourite day stage, and Jungle Joyride to be me fovourite night stage... even though I think it's too short...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay