Would Anyone Want to Play a Sorta X-Files-like RPG?

Started by TheGameNinja, October 21, 2012, 02:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

First, this would be a DnD style roleplaying game, not an RP. I just finished my first RPG like this and I want to try to run my own. This is what I'd like to run: a sci-fi/supernatural investigation thing. Like X-Files... I think... I haven't seen much of that show, but it seems to be similar. The players would work for an organization that investigates paranormal or extraterrestrial activity. Here's the book for the game I'm probably going to run unless I find something else I like better. Just in case we do play this, don't read the section players aren't meant to read or you'll spoil the game!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22097696/D20-Modern-Dark-Matter

I'd change some things, like the stupid name of the organization. But that's the idea. You're field agents that get sent to investigate that stuff. You could be sent anywhere in the world to look into anything from a robbery that was allegedly perpetrated by a guy with tentacles for arms or a distress signal from a downed alien craft. Maybe even some ghostbusting?

Also, I'd like to run it on Skype if possible. Let me know if you're interested. Three is probably enough to play I think, no more than 6. The game I played was more than 8 and that was way too many.